Wilde Magicks 0.1

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Indeed, it doesn't work. It's identical to a 2 turn cooldown.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I don't follow. A 1-turn cooldown and a 2-turn cooldown do the same thing?

3. Yes, both cause it to be every other turn.

4. Essence

How strange is that? Does the 2-turn cooldown come up with a "1" over the skillbox when you use the skill? Or does it just jump straight from "2" to clear?

5. Essence

Impromptu poll!

Should I stick with the Carroty Form for Wild Magic, or should I abuse the 'bug' wherein if you don't specify a monster, you get a random form each time the polymorph occurs?

Advantages of Carrotty form: it's funny, and you won't have any wierd bugs turning back into a human to drink potions or eat food.
    Advantages of random: it's random! (But aforementioned visual glitches will occur.)

Loswaith and ElectricMessiah like this.
  6. When you have a cooldown, it normally shows a number and then ticks down one when it's your turn again. Here, the number isn't there until your turn again, and then it's one.

7. Essence

Odd, since a 1-turn cooldown shows up as a 1 when it's your turn -- and a 7-turn cooldown shows up as a 7 when it's your turn as well. (Qi Blast). I wonder why specifically a 2-turn cooldown is treated differently?

8. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Randomness trumps glitches, but I almost feel that Carrotty trumps random. Particularly if you're playing a killer vegan.

CARROTTY CANNIBALS!

Wi§p likes this.
  9. Wi§p

Wi§p Member

Carrot vampires should get more health from veggies than from animals ~
    Carroty Vampire Vegan FTW!

10. I think you misunderstand wild magic. Carroty Vampire gets a horrible allergic reaction when biting veggies, fairly normal vampirism against other taxa, but heals even more and shoots lasers out his butt when biting robots. Because of because.

Lorrelian and Essence like this.
  11. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Sounds like polymorph needs an if statement to check in the code to see if you are currently polymorphed when changing you and remove the previous polymorph, or simply the action/function for returning you to normal is ignored if you already are normal. The later likely being the simpler code to add in, so that if buffs for being polymorphed stack they still stick around for the duration.

Carroty form sounds good to me :)

12. Dray`Gon

Dray`Gon Member

I kinda like the random polymorph idea better so long as it isn't a "crash the game even more" kind of buggy. I've already had my share of crashes. :p

On another note, if you are making a new polymorph that is random (or if you go with the carroty one), will it be for a limited time or will it be maintainable if you're willing to spend the mana upkeep? Just a curiousity I have.

13. Essence

Probably limited time. I don't want to add to the number of indefinitely-sustainable buffs Wild Magic can give.

14. Hellyale

Hellyale Member

So I am using this mod with the radiant magic mod, and it works fine until around floor 2, where it seems to crash consistently during monster zoo, Not right away, after about halfway through the zoo... I don't know which effect is tripping the crash either, I think it might be one of the wild matter trips, but I am not sure. Wish I had more information to help narrow it down...

15. lccorp2

lccorp2 Member

Weighing in here:

I can't really say I've done a Wild Magic + Radiant Wizard run, but my main suspicion is the double-polymorph bug: Wild Magic has polymorphs as one of the on-cast effects, and some of the Radiant Wizard spells have a whole chain of cast triggers, giving it plenty of chances to proc. The "fine until DL2 monster zoo" thing also pretty much made me suspect that.

Did you have Transcendence active when you crashed? If so, there's your answer right there.

16. Loren

Loren Member

On that note, if it is the double poly bug, I'm reasonably sure it's been fixed for 1.0.10.

17. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

After reading your assessment in "Overpowered Mod Combinations," I really gotta say that Wild Matter, while amusing, rubs me the wrong way. A chance to proc useful effects is one thing; a chance to spawn items that can then be carried around until needed is bad. Like you said, casting something for free (and there are PLENTY of ways 1 mana can be "free," even if it weren't already pretty negligible) and getting stuff from it, thus making it so you can stand around all day casting it, is just gonna cause problems. I would also caution against letting the player regen health from a Wild Self proc. Health buff is a better idea.

18. Essence

Good feedback, Kazuhiro. I'll ponder that a bit as I plan maniacally for how 1.0.10 is going to change everything. :)

19. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

At the very least I could use Wild Matter to max out a lutefisk donation, if I had the inclination and necessary personality disorder.