Wilde Magicks 0.1

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Essence, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Alsedarna

Alsedarna Member

Curious....you've got a rather brilliant idea for a mod here (glad to see Wild Magic living beyond Baldur's Gate), and it seems to work perfectly up until I try and learn the Van Wilder skill, whereupon it instantly crashes. I don't suppose you've any idea why this might be, would you? Still, that besides, excellent work!

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Depends on a lot of stuff. The last skill works fine for me. What's your OS, and what version of Dredmor do you have? Until relatively recently (1.0.9), taking the last level of ANY mod skill crashed the game. I suspect that's your problem. If you can update the game files, it should work. :)

3. Alsedarna

Alsedarna Member

Yep, that would explain it! Thanks for the advice, and for your excellent work in the DoD modding community!

Essence likes this.
  4. I'm really enjoying the Wild Magic skill. Turning out to be far more fun than I thought it would be.

Can't really say this is a bug, but it might be.. sooo... Let me know if you want more info.

Poly'd into Diggle Nog Form and then Batty Form a move or 2 later. Can they coexist at the same time?

My character Poly'd into Diggle Nog Form and then Poly'd into Batty Form. Seemed to be working ok and I looked at the stats. I chuckled, saved my game and hit the stairs down. Crash. No problem, as Steam sucks and should be blamed for all things annoying. Game would not load, in effect ruined. Had an Auto Save so no problem.

Can multiply Polly forms work together at the same time with Wild Magic? I'm also using Usurper which I think has a Liche Form.

Win7/64
    About 9 mods, most of them yours.

5. Essence

I think I just read Dray'Gon saying something about multiple stacked polymorphs really messing stuff up. I'll toy with it and see if I can make it brake. Maybe we can get it on the bugfix list for 1.10. :)

6. So, if it does happen, how should it be handled? Thanks.

7. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

By reloading.

You're doomed to crash if you ever have two polymorphs at once. Should probably just edit the spell and remove one of the polymorphs.

8. Essence

Yeah, probably. Which is more entertaining to randomly turn into? A batty or a diggle? Or should I scrap them both and put Demon Form in there? :D

9. What about a custom wild form?

10. Essence

Maybe. What would be funniest? I'm thinking maybe carrot?

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  11. EPICNESS!

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Nay, it'll crash as soon as the game is forced to return you to normal with the second one, because after the first one expires you already are normal.

ElectricMessiah likes this.
  13. So the best thing to do is kill myself off and reload the game when 2 polys occur? No problem there as a work around...

Polymorphing into a random dungeon monster or item would be cool, if you could pull it off. Maybe with that tornado/wind animation around it just for visual effect.

Anyway to do a check to see if a poly is currently in use or to see if your 'normal' before the last one expires?

14. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

+1 for the carrot.

15. Essence

Sweet. Who wants to make potion-drinking and food-eating carrot animations for me? :)

Just kidding. I'll use the attack animation for absolutely everything, since that's all they have.

16. Loren

Loren Member

*runs away*

17. Oh dear... I just realized... Shoulder Bash is technically a ZERO cost spell.

18. Essence

lulzy. you can avoid that by putting a simple 1-turn cooldown on it.

19. I did. It didn't work. Lemme try again...