Which excites you more?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jan 29, 2016.

?

Which of the following options causes the greatest amount of personal excitement?

1. New features/content

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Refinement of current features

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Bug fixes

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. Toe fungus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

The forums have been too quiet today.

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Definitely the second or third round of seeing something.

The first time it appears on the experimental, you draw a slip and is it a little buggy, really buggy or will it crash your game.

But on the next version, you can be pretty sure the crashes and big bugs are gone, and then by the third you can really get into "ok, how does this fit into my colony"

3. Unforked

Unforked Member

My sensible side says I want refinement of current features, but my impulsive side usually wins. STEAM KNIGHTS!

4. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I was glancing through the blog posts back a good couple of years and saw the image of the Steam Knight. He was almost a poll option all by himself.

5. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Member

The game still isn't in a state where I would be happy with it as a finished product, even if everything currently in the game was working perfectly. We lack everything that puts the "clockwork" in "Clockwork Empires". That in itself in an incredibly huge category, that hasn't even been touched on yet.

We also lack meaningful progress, proper defenses for towns, a cult/madness system that actually does something, the whole worldmap meta-game, and many other things.

Until all these things are implemented, even in the most raw and buggy shape imaginable, I would personally prefer to exclusively see those added. As it stands now, I still don't know if the game will ultimately disappoint me, because I do not know what features and what content will actually be in the finished game.

That's the main reason that I still don't play, but just lurk the forum and keep up with patch notes. Until the devs can say: "This is all the major stuff we want in the game. Now we need to add more content inside each category, and get everything actually working", I am not going to commit more time to actually playing.

Samut likes this.
  6. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I'll take the 5th option that isn't listed: "Return of the full scale colonist simulation and consequences".

Looking forward to that day when all the carefully constructed plans burn is what excites me. :)

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Is that so, yeah I can see how writing out the full state contingent strategy would become a massive wall of text (and pictures!) that would be too long for anyone but the most interested to read.

But until then...

8. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

What does any of that have to do with having plans go to hell on the whims of colonists when playing?

9. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

I just want more cogs.

Tikigod likes this.