where's my ore?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Sethiusdraven, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

I don't mind having the ores I need be hidden, but if at all possible, could you make it so that all types of ore can be found within a 150 to 200 square radius? The last game I played I'm sure it was probably over 500 squares away from one place of iron (hematite) to, well, nowhere for the next place that I had searched around. with the way stacking happens in stockpiles now, I haven't the faintest idea whats going to happen if I put a little 2x2 stockpile way out to keep miners fed at that kind of distance. Will the colonist start running all pumpkins and bushels of wheat out there and stack a bunch of them? or are people just plopping down a little farm out that way?

could be interesting to see the effect of having small colonies at 4 distant locations, and one mainland industrial center. Not sure if that's quite possible with current 100 person cap though. and probably not very safe either.

2. Sethiusdraven

Sethiusdraven Member

side request ---
    when a naturalist conducts its survey, the square "flag" over the tag marker, can you make it so that the flag remains and changes to the ore that has been discovered there? it's very easy to lose track of where something was if all you have is all the tags all over.

3. A flag with the ore pictured would be a nice addition - good call.

4. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Ore highlighting is on my list of "well, holy **** that is incredibly annoying to everybody" tickets, which I am currently tackling in conjunction with the decision tree toolchain.