Where be the Cult Altars?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by theseeman, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

Looking at jobs.xml:

<job name="The Act of Murder (melee weaponry)" display_name="The Act of Murder" mandatory_eval="1" icon_skin="ui\orderIcons.xml" icon="butcher" interruptee_type="4" interrupter_type="3">
    <require_membership name="cultObjects"/>
    <require_not_sitting/>
    <require_not_attending_party/>
    <require_session_int_geq name="cultist_power" value="10"/>
    <require_session_int_geq name="murder_act" value="5"/>
    <require_character_has_tag tag="has_built_shrine" />
    <require_character_personal_stat_geq name="madness" amount="25" failure_reason="Requires sufficient madness."/>
    <require_wield_tool tag="axe" failure_reason="Requires available axe."/>
    <require_gameobject input="enemy" tag="human" not_tag="corpse" not_member_of_a="cultObjects" range="100" must_lock="0" failure_reason="Requires available human target."/>

I think <require_gameobject input="enemy" tag="human" not_tag="corpse" not_member_of_a="cultObjects" range="100" must_lock="0" failure_reason="Requires available human target."/> implies that murder targets must be human, alive, and not Cultists.

2. Viion

Viion Member

Yeah, Alephred, that's correct. I believe it's supposed to be not just a "random madness killing spree" but more along the line of "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! The unbelievers must dieeeeeeee!" kinda madness.

Btw look at the range. Pretty decent nose on those cultists. Getting a flashback of "Fee Fi Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a… Christian; be he alive or be he dead, I’ll grind his bones to make my bread."

One thing I do try is to put down anybody wandering off to build shrines since "<require_character_has_tag tag="has_built_shrine" />" does indicate that each soon-to-be-axe-murderer has to have built their own shrine. But I never manage to catch them all before some are built. At least the troopers never lack target practise :)

3. theseeman

theseeman Member

I don't know how it happened but I saw a thing I cannot describe. It was pretty awesome.

dbaumgart likes this.
  4. Viion

Viion Member

*chuckle* I'm assuming you've seen what's been REDACTED in previous posts :) I haven't seen it myself yet, but I'm looking forward to unveiling what ever secrets might be in the æther

dbaumgart likes this.
  5. Colin

Colin Member

"Laying my head on my hands, glossy eyed, staring at these post... and what is this... a tear.. a drop of salty liquid" This is so beautiful. There is a shrine now my friends. Going to delid my 4770k this evening but will be getting Minions and cultist to build shrines soon. We will all partake in the blood and madness of The Empire!!!

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

I too saw REDACTED, and it was glorious!

The game is really clicking for me now, the little emergent events I was hoping for are starting to gel. I had one colonist with fishy inclinations stand next to a group of fish eggs and rage after he witnessed the death of a fish person. I thought he was stuck there for awhile, but no, he eventually moved on after a few cycles of raging. Standing next to the eggs may have been a coincidence, but it all came together so well.

7. sockfoot

sockfoot Member

Any idea how one encourages the coming of REDACTED?

8. theseeman

theseeman Member

I have tried to encourage them and have been frustrated in that attempt. When I don't encourage them it just sort of happens. I know it isn't their final form but the pesky colonists keep killing them.

9. Marc HC

Marc HC Member

Don't victims get killed at the altar? Also, is there some project of cultists getting to build their very own cathedrals of madness when time comes?