When crafting, give us a pop up asking what we want to make if the recipe can make multiple items.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NJim, Jul 19, 2011.

1. NJim

NJim Member

When you put in 2 ores you get boots. So I want to make some Aluminum Boots, I chuck in 2 Aluminum Ores.. and get an Aluminum Ring. For the first time ever, 2 ores gave me something that was not Boots.
    I am aware of the recipe button, but it is clunky.

2. Ria Hawk

Ria Hawk Member

Huh. I was under the impression it defaulted to the first recipe that particular set of items could make. I guess it's random?

But I agree, the recipe book could stand to be better. Either let us craft directly from the recipe instead of having to select it, then go back to the craft grid, then autofill, then craft, or give us a selection of different things that particular set of ingredients can make.

The option to make multiples of the same item (like potions) would be nice too. Or even just let us hit the craft button multiple times without having to take the product out each time. My current run is a pure combat character, no magic, so I have no use for liquor. I end up distilling it all down to Aqua Vitae since I DO need healing potions, and it would be nice to be able to drop a stack of liquor into the still, then hit the button until that stack's processed, then do the same thing with the result, instead of moving each product to my bag as I go.

3. Hmm-Hmm.

Hmm-Hmm. Member

It should work if you click on the desired recipe, no?

So, either they take away the ability to craft things without selecting the required recipe (and this probably means no more omelettes and such), or they find another way for the game to detect what you want to make.

Like changing certain recipes slightly so no single recipe is the same. Or by having a pop-up asking what you want to create.