What's Your best Uberchest item?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by TheKirkUnited, Apr 25, 2012.

1. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

Burglary is huge, doubly so in NTTG. Pretty sure I had Burglary on the Archer-Tinker that I abandoned, though.

Interesting that our NTTG experiences are so different, but our playstyles are clearly quite different as well, so perhaps it's to be expected. Thank you for the enlightening alternative viewpoint. I guess I need to go play some more NTTG before investing more time in the minimod to make sure I'm not basing my assumptions on bad data and RNG screw. Could also be that the other mods I was using were choking out the crafting loot.

My apologies for derailing your thread. I'll try not to intrude again, since for the life of me I can't think any specific items I've gotten from Uberchests. Back in 1.0.9 I was always falling victim to the bug that disabled the Uberchest levers, so I learned not to expect much from them.

2. Marak

Marak Member

Sounds like Tanky McTankerson, my Sword and Board guy that melee'd (read: threw a metric asston of Holy Grenades at) Dredmor to death. He had Master of Arms, Shield Bearer, Burglary, Swords, Berserker Rage, Assassination, and... something. Too bad I did it on DM; it was a surprisingly viable build: my basic armor (and stat gains from MoA/SB) let me tank most anything and then I just did my best to use my Amulet/Ring/Xbow slots (and Artifact heavy armor) to pump the resists.

It's still too bad that "melee" really means "melee trash mobs but turn Ranger when it really matters".

OT: no screenshots, but I remember a number of times where I was playing a Glass Cannon Mage and found an Artifact Orb of Nothing in an UberChestâ„¢ that just made me drooooooooooooool.

3. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I think, due to the lack of me playing on Going Rogue, I am going to have to state for the record, that Going Rogue needed to be fixed then, if Melee still doesn't work right. :)

Also, I never used NTTG because I liked exploring the large floors. History of playing Angband, I guess. :)
    I can see the use of it, but to me, it seems like it's not worth it really.

4. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Its funny because I never tend to find any Uberchests and whenever I do they only contain crap items regardless of when I find them - but I just found a fountain which I searched and guess what I found there. Also, notice it is on dungeon level 2 lol. I have a feeling this may end up being that random roll run which succeeds :D

What are the odds.jpg

5. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

DL2 Fountains have a strange tendency to contain way out of depth items...

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Considering you can get a Crownstar on D1, I don't know about that, Lorrelian. :)
    IF he does find a better one, and yes, you can find a better Crownstar than that, but not too likely, he can sell that one for 1-3 million zorkmids. :)
    Making his money problems gone for the rest of the game. Even on Going Rogue.

7. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Money is another thing I seldom have problems with, since Brax almost never sells me anything I want and when he does have something I want, it isn't a little bit out of my price range. It's WAY out of my price range. So I usually end up ignoring Brax or robbing him blind but then I never had a crownstar on DL2.

Marak likes this.
  8. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Heh speaking of the Devil - Im using the FaxPax and just found the Hat of God for 600.000-ish. It kinda feels like cheating if I were to sell the necklace to buy it but I have to admit - I am tempted.

9. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Taking advantage of the RNG isn't cheating, especially not when the RNG takes advantage of you so often. Turn about is fair play.

10. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I agree if I find a bolt of destruction/squid of the first floor I don't think "of it would be cheating to use this on a zoo in the next few floors". I once found a Brax floor 1 who had Spear of Holy Sacrifice, Imperial Boilerplate, Magnetonic Shield, and some nice helmet. I spent the next 5 floors gathering materials to rob him blind.

11. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

Wow. I have never seen an early store that loaded. One ridiculous item at most. I too would get to great lengths to rob such an establishment. RNG be damned.

12. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Oh damn I just realised I already have a Bolt of mass destruction lol. Maybe I should just steal his stuff instead hehe.

Anyway, sorry for thread jacking