What's wrong with my counter chance?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Tinyboss, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

I would post this in the Bugs forum, but I'm not sure it really is one...I haven't been playing all that long, and it could just be something I don't understand. Anyway...

I'm trying to pump up my counter chance using daggers, swords, and dual wield. It was going pretty well, I had reached the low 60's, but then I started to notice it creeping back downward. I don't know what happened, but now my counter chance is 15 with no gear or dagger stance, and it doesn't change at all when I put on the Swashbuckling Belt (+4) or chest armor with +1 counter from Krong.

With no gear and the +25 counter dagger stance, I only get up to 21, but then putting on gear with counter chance increases the bonus as expected. It seems like 15 is some kind of minimum level, and that my real number is -4, for some reason. But I have no debuffs and no gear, so I don't know how that would have happened. I have had a CTD, which I recovered from the autosave, but I don't know whether the missing counter chance showed up then or at some other time.

What's going on here? I've been trying for a long time to get this build going, and this time it's finally coming together, and now this...it's frustrating!

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Are you on a Mac, by any chance?

3. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

Linux, Steam. Thanks!

4. Daynab

Can you check what version of the game you have? In the main menu.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

It says "1.1.3" in the bottom-left corner, is that what you need?

6. Daynab

It doesn't sound like you're on the latest, 1.1.4. Try reinstalling.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

I deleted my local content and re-downloaded through Steam, and it's still 1.1.3. Steam news says the most recent update was 8/24/2012. Is 1.1.4 available for Steam/Linux? Do I have to get it elsewhere?

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Daynab

It should be 1.1.4, we're looking into it as maybe something went wrong with our linux build.

Kazeto, Giygas and Wootah like this.
  9. Tinyboss

Tinyboss Member

Great, I appreciate your time.