What scalesvwithvdungeon levels? Shops? Lutefisk? Kroog?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Stoz, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Stoz

Stoz Member

Hey,

Can anyone confirm which objects scale (improve) with dungeon level and which stay the same. That is, am I more likely to get a better item from a lutefisk statue deeper down the dungeon, and will I get better enchantments from the anvils of kroog the deeper I go?

* Lutefisk Statue
    * Anvil of Kroog
    * Shop
    * Vending Machine
    * Statue of Inconsequentia
    * Monster Zoo Prize

Thanks!

Edit: Ugh, I was typing this on my iPad and didn't see the v's sneak in to the title instead of spaces. Can a mod please fix this? Thanks.

2. moof

moof Member

It seems that shops and vending machines are "semi-random", like they have a bias for what level they are on but they still occassionally hold things way higher level than the level they are on.

Lutefisk seems completely random.

Kroog doesn't give you any better enchants for depper dungeons from what I've seen.

Statues and zoos appear to be floor/level based.

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

EVERYTHING, so far as I've seen, seems to get better with level, at least on average. I nearly never get 'piece o' crap' artifacts on deep levels, but too frequently do on not-so-deep levels. Remember, I'm talking AVERAGE, not range. There's probably a miniscule chance of getting really uber stuff on level 1, and a similarly miniscule chance of getting a wimpy item on level 10. Uber equipment is a dime a dozen on level 10, but that doesn't stop you from finding the occasional wooden sword.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Haldurson is right with the items. The average scales but you can still get good stuff early and bad stuff later.

Shops on the other hand have a flat % of getting anything that isn't on the same level. I don't remember the % exactly... 10%? maybe. It used to be completely random and you'd find shops full of 10 star artifacts on L:1... now you just have to be lucky.

Lutefisk shrines scale, you'll get better rewards with each floor you use them on. It's better to save your lutefisk if you're near cleared the floor and use it downstairs.

Krong doesn't scale that I know of.

Zoos and Inconsequentia should be giving you rewards of approximately your floor, but there's always luck involved too.

Hope I helped.

5. Stoz

Stoz Member

Thanks, that all helps a lot.

6. Marak

Marak Member

From what I've read on these forums, anything that gives you an Artifact as a reward (Evil Chests, inconsequential Side Quests, Monster Zoos, etc.) will scale with the Dungeon Floor. There's a formula that determines how many stats an Artifact will have when generated, and a big part of that equation is what Floor you're on.

You also (supposedly) get better Lutefisk rewards if you get the item after a higher quantity of Lutefisk is tithed. For expample, an item given after you tithe 450 Lutefisk has a chance of having more stats on it than the one you got after "only" 300 Lutefisk.