What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Borodin

Borodin Member

Only one, for Oblivion. It produces mannequins for sale of each race, and both sexes. I never could stand the wooden pair of mannequins in the game, so when no one responded to my request, I learned the basics of the CS and did it myself.

Feather, Luck, and Reflect? Yes, that would do it. :D

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I actually modded for both Oblivion and Fallout 3. Nothing I did was major, though one of my Fallout mods was included in a popular compilation mod.

And I never found Oscuro to be obnoxious. Was he passionate? Yes. I think though judging by the general atmosphere of the community, he was relatively generous, considering the amount of his blood sweat and tears that he poured into it. I actually have a lot of respect for people who are so generous with their time. Then again, I was always the one chosen to deal with the most demanding or difficult clients where I worked because I was always good at dealing with those kind of people. So maybe my perceptions are a bit skewed. I definitely have less tolerance for that nowadays, in any case.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Actually, I haven't said anything about the mod's current maintainer, nor have I called you rude or annoying. There are people who are genuine bastards, and if you think he is one of them, then I see no reason to confirm that on my own. Furthermore, what I said amounted to "everyone is entitled to his own opinion here" - you think it's bad, I think it's not, and we can just agree that these are our opinions.

And when it comes to traps dealing a lot of damage, well... They can be triggered by enemies as well, so it's not like you can't get around them by using monsters or summons to "disarm" them. It's a matter of playing style, I guess, but I didn't find them particularly annoying or anything.

4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Haldurson, I don't mean Obscuro, I think he's probably a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. :)
    It's the one who took over after him that is meaner than a 2 headed dog. :)

Okay. You have a point. I really am stubborn to a fault. Sorry.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Ooh ok lol. I didn't know that anyone else took over. I was still playing when Obscuro was getting busy with life and other things (I think a new job or something), but I stopped playing myself around that time. That's too bad.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

I'm currently playing an attempt to try and solo Dungeon Siege II and the expansion with one character. For the sake of balance I'm using a 4x skill point mod just so that I don't get borked and have too few options. It's surprisingly fun once you get your hands on some decent equipment and don't get massacred in a few hits. Only had about seven deaths so far, three of which were not preventable because I was too low level to do anything about it (Windstone fortress's boss wizard in the vault + infect = :( ) Now that I have spirit embrace, I'm at least not totally done for. Clvl 33 out of a possible 300, and level 22 in all skills (leveling skills is very slow when your clvl outpaces your slvl so fast.) Also, since entering act II, I haven't died once. amazing.

7. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I solo'd DS 1 as a battle mage back in the day... That game was 70% fantastic and 25% crap. (5% moderate)

8. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Wow. I just mostly play mods for Dungeon Siege now.
    Sad that the main download for mods died and no longer works. I think there are a lot of lost mods for it out there, that you can't get anymore. :(
    RIP Planetdungeonsiege.

9. grimAuxilliam

grimAuxilliam Member

I just started to play Fallout 3 recently. I have already made a full run a long time ago, but now this time it will be harder, much harder. I'm seeing how well "pacifist mode" pans out. The rule is that you cannot kill or hurt anything due to your actions, except for the radroach at the very beginning. So far, I managed to bait the radroaches to attack the guards and escape the vault. I know that isn't what pacifist actually means, but it's fairly close. It feels so different when you aren't thinking, what is the easiest way to violently dismember anyone who opposes me.

10. shaken

shaken Member

I remember one of my fondest gaming experiences was soloing through Neverwinter Nights 2 as a Monk. I remember it being a nice challenge (or maybe I was just bad at the game).

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Played some Trine 2 this morning as I got the digital collector's edition in the GamersGate Summer Sale.

It's pretty much the same as Trine 1 but prettier. MUCH prettier.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Lol on playing Fallout 3 as a pacifist. Save often, Max Sneak from the very start, and Medicine next. You will need them.

13. jadkni

jadkni Member

(Supposedly) less than one hour until Dark Souls on the PC. I put all of my Souls play on the PS3 on hold for months in anticipation, can't wait to go back to spreading misery and frustration in the Depths, and with all the new blood... :D

14. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

Oh I can't wait to give Dark Souls a spin! Won't have the cash on me when it's released, but I've heard great things about it :) I'm always happy to see a game where death actually means something.

15. Warlock

Warlock Member

what mods do you mean? I think most of the good ones survived the death of the game easy enough. Also, solo trip report: I beat the knotted shambler in one on one combat using melee to beat down its leaf generators then burning it down with lots of fire and multiple energy orb uses. I'm up to the Garden of the Ancients now and made level 23 in all classes. Also screw undead Azunites. What were they made of in those days, adamantite? Even the Lertisk go down easier, though they have more health. Whirling Strike is also pretty fun and convenient for destroying a fair-sized pack in a single use if you can get into the middle and time it right.

16. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Er. Actually, mods have all gone. :(
    I have yet to find any source for mods that still works.
    Planetdungeonsiege is dead and gone.
    Siegenetwork has been dead for years, and most of the links no longer work.
    Those are the only two websites I know of to get mods for Dungeon Siege anymore.

If you know of any other website, please let me know. I'd love to be able to find a location for any mods. Because to my knowledge, there are no more mods available for Dungeon Siege anymore, except for a scant few on Siege Network that still have a download location up and running.

17. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

OmniNegro likes this.
  18. Frelus

Frelus Member

I'm currently playing Just Cause 2 (grabbed it for 5€ on Steam), because I wanted to play it for a very long time, but it was too expensive for risking another cheap GTA 5 minute fun clone.
    It IS much fun, especially the grappling hook.
    Hook cars to walls, people to cars, people to walls, cars to statues, and do missions flying around like spiderman. It rocks.
    Also waiting for Planetary Annihilation.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. Godwin

Godwin Member

What games are you playing and why?

- Galaxy on Fire HD 2.
    Because it's fun, pretty straightforward, and... well, I have been wanting to playing something spacey for a while.
    Probably going to finish it soon and then restart X3:TC, get Albion and play that in anticipation of X: Rebirth.

- Dungeons of Dredmor.
    Because the Conquest of the Wizardlands is lots of fun and I am still having a good time playing it.

- APB: Reloaded
    Because I own a clan (now a multigame clan actually) in it.

- Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
    Because it's quite a surprisingly nice little gem and fun to play with the gamepad.

I think that's it for last week :)

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

JC2 is a game it took me an hour or two to warm up to, but I spent about 18hrs in it in a very short time and enjoyed it quite a bit.

The world is a bit too big, admittedly, but it's fun.

OmniNegro likes this.