What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

This is what I have so far:[​IMG]

No content mods, just quality of life stuff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. DrSleepless

DrSleepless Member

Kerbal Space Program - Haven't played in months, just realized 0.24 came out today - something to keep me occupied til earliest access for CE

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I recommend Deadly Dragons
    I was also going to recommend Wars in Skyrim, but it looks like it's been taken down for some reason. Both make the game world a lot more eventful and dangerous.

/edit Just found out that the creator of Wars in Skyrim quit modding and 2 new people took over the project... back in 2012 :(. I can't find any news about it newer than that, but here's a video. One thing the video doesn't show is that the mod can add huge wide-ranging battle zones (which you do not want to wander into unprepared). Think of it as the skyrim equivalent of a monster zoo (except some of the monsters might be friendly -- but not necessarily).

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I might be wrong, but are you sure your load order is correct? It looks a little out of order to me, at least for the hi-res, DLC and unofficial patches.

I recommend the Modesty Mod, Rich Merchants and Kill Moves - No Blur. Personally speaking, anyway.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Daynab

I'm not sure actually. Do you think the 3 high-res packs should go after the DLCs?
    The mod order stuff is a little weird to me here cause it's separated between mod and plugin files for some reason. Each with their own priorities...
    And I'll check those out.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

At least for the Unofficial patch series, there is a recommended load order. After that I don't think it matters too much.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Daynab

Yeah, I have those according to what I read on the websites for the patches. I think one of the DLCs isn't in the right place but the mod manager says there's a conflict the other way around. Haven't run into any issues, anyways

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Hm. It might be the Dawnguard/Hearthfire conflict. Ah well. If it works, it works.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

For those checking out Skyrim, I always recommend they take a look at Skyrim GEMS. It has a great collection of mods that can be fit into several categories. Personally, I like to play Skyrim as the prettiest camping simulator possible. I found it about a hundred times better than Oblivion, but about fifty times less interesting than Morrowind. With GEMS, at least it's pretty and I play it with the thoughts: "this isn't really an Elder Scrolls game, it's just an action game with some Elder Scrolls lore floating around in it."

But as for me: Currently playing Clockwork Empires. I've longed for the day to say that!!

OmniaNigrum and Turbo164 like this.
  10. I had a lot of fun with CW3- my only complaint is that the campaign was as short as it was. There were a fair few missions, to be sure, but I was hoping for more along the lines of the Farbor mission. No shortage of content, though! With the inbuilt editor, the community made a variety of maps, some of which I found quite fun, and certainly more than I could ever play.

How far are you?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I'm still playing Lexica -- finished all of the easy puzzles, now working my way through the medium difficulty ones (they actually aren't all that much harder than the easy ones). Also I returned to playing Dungeonmans again to see how the game is progressing -- and it seems to be improving every time I've tried it. After missing a few updates, I did have to start a new academy. But I'm doing quite well with my first character in Haldursonville. He's a pure Rangermans but with only one Rangermans skill untaken, so I may consider branching into Necromans territory soon. This is the best I've done with a first character in a Dungeonmans world so far.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

I literally JUST hit the system before what appears to be a split where I can go in multiple directions. Been taking it slow.

Also:
    Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete: Having a blast with this. Button mashy goodness and an OBSCENE amount of content.
    Planet Stronghold: Not really feeling this one yet, but the art's cute. Visual novel / RPG hybrid.
    Dokapon Kingdom: Oh, how I love this game. Oh, how I hate this game. Oh, Arnold.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Al Bobo

Al Bobo Member

Darkwood is amazingly atmospheric survival horror game with an actual storyline and procedurally generated game world. It's still in alpha stage, but I've had lots of great (creepy) moments with it. On steam it's got 112 positive user reviews and 2 negative (from mac users. Won't work properly on mac, yet).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Aegho

Aegho Member

Well I was playing some Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning after getting it on the summer sale, but lately I haven't played much computer gaming at all.

Instead I've been playing boardgames at a friend's house, at first mainly Dungeon Lords (inspired by Dungeon Keeper), with a little bit of Mage Knight (Homm-ish), but lately we've been really getting into Zombicide, to the point where I placed a $150 kickstarter backing for Season 3, and then talked to him and changed it to $475 to get tons of extras, but the order is now for the gaming club and I'll be reimbursed for it... and I'm still considering droping another $150+ on the "late pledge" window, to have a set of my own.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-season-3

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

This is true of Bethesda games in general.

For Fallout: New Vegas, for example, the following are more or less necessities:

-FastSleepNV
    -CampMC Map Markers
    -NewStripMapMarkers

but I also recommend

-IIWR (Invisible wall remover)
    -FastTravelFromAnywhere
    -CompanionDisguises (lets companions carry faction armor; since it makes no sense that ED-E will carry 200 pounds of secondhand toilet plungers but not a suit of legion flagbearer armor)
    -Brotherhood And house Alliance (reinstates a deprecated option to broker an alliance between Mr.House and the Brotherhood of Steel with a sufficient speech level)
    -Companions Teleporter (useful if you told a companion to wait somewhere far from a map marker and forgot to get them again after reembarking)

and if you have the Old World Blues DLC
    -Old World Blues-Improved Transportalponder Use Anywhere (allows you to return to the spot that you left from when returning to the Mojave from the Big Empty, instead of returning always to the crashed satellite. Also allows travel from The Divide and Zion Canyon to the Big Empty, and allows you to take your companions with you)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Aegho

Aegho Member

[nitpick]Bethesda made Fallout 3, but not Fallout: New Vegas, that instead was made by Obsidian, though with the same engine.[/nitpick]

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I played Divine Divinity start to finish in 45 hours. Great game. I completed most of the quests, but there are some that simply cannot be done unless you search for spoilers before you play.

That I somehow missed this game in 2002 is a very bad omen. I will now try Beyond Divinity and see if it is as good.

Regarding Fallout New Vegas, here is my loadout of mods.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/b8t7gmzd38rd0ud/Mods NV.jpg
    (Sorry, Dropbox links do not display the image inline correctly.)

Basically, it is "NVEC/NVCE" with "ProjectNevada" and "A World of Pain" and the complete "SomeguySeries" of mods. (And "WMX" just because it works nicely with the rest, unlike the other one.)

This loadout and load order does not even require a merge patch. And anyone who thinks this is a mild mod set does not know NVEC/NVCE. They have over 200 mods in that abomination. Most are small, but they worked out the minor details so it is stable. And the overall effect of this is like a whole new game.

18. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

The Fallout Wiki said Obsidian and Bethesda. Plus I'm pretty sure I've seen Bethesda's logo in the game's startup sequence (i think).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

20. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

Gnomoria - Started "Weedslit" today after my previous kingdoms were brutally murdered by honeybadgers. It's the 10th of Fall and I have made the biggest mistake so far. I've been told Golems spawn below level -6, so I stripmined the entirety of -6 for minerals. And I did get minerals. But I didn't stock all of the raw stone and dirt. And, since v 0.9.13, Golems do no longer spawn below level -6. They spawn wherever there's an abundance of unstocked goods, like raw stone and dirt. So guess who unknowingly created his own kingdom's downfall through a Golem spawnrate of 6 per day. T_T

OmniaNigrum likes this.