What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I think everyone has Pixel Pirates coupons.

OmniaNigrum, Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

They gave coupons to owners of a specific game or games (I forget which ones though). That was the criteria for getting the coupons. They didn't send them to everyone, but since a lot of us here play a lot of the same kinds of games, most of us here have gotten them, I'm sure.

Aegho, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

When some tells me to mash a key, I think I have to press the key repeatedly to get the result I am looking for. For example, mash the k key would mean to press kkkkkkkkk quickly until the result is achieved.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

At this point I think I'm ready to admit I'm probably going to try to 100% One Way Heroics. :X I love this game so much. *OBSESSION*

OmniaNigrum and jadkni like this.
  5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

6. jadkni

jadkni Member

If I hadn't already bought Dishonored I'd be all over that deal. It was a solid game.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Escape Goat 2
    I'm already stuck (derp), but it's a real improvement on the original.

8. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I've been playing with the new Roguelike on Steam, "Quest of Dungeons". It's actually a fun game, once you get used to the odd UI decisions. Also, I made the mistake of trying out a warrior first, because in most rpgs, warriors are the easiest to use to get a handle on the game. That's certainly not true here -- Warriors seem to be the weakest class (well, definitely weaker than wizards or assassins, but I haven't tried a shaman yet). There's certainly not as much to the game as Dredmor. You learn skills by finding skill books, and the skills you find seem to be customized to your class (at least that's how it seems to me so far).

I don't know how long until I grow bored with it, but I paid $4.49 on sale, and for that price, I don't mind if that happens.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  9. I saw that game pop up. There is an achievement for beating the game in thirty minutes! Curious to hear how you find that game after the initial "new game euphoria" wears off :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Damned Steam and/or Bethesda...

I got my copy of Dishonored GOTY today and proceeded to immediately install it. It never asked me for the Steam Registration Code, so instead of installing the whole thing as it should have, it only bothered to install Dishonored without any DLC. (I already owned it without the DLC.)

Then I saw what it had done and went into the Steam client and coughed up the SRC it gave me. Now it recognized that it did not have the DLC and required an "update" to do it. Then the real fun begins. Firstly it tells me I do not have the disc space to install it, and despite failing at basic mathematics, it starts that on it's own anyway. Then it either cannot or will not install that from Disc two of the two disks that are the GOTY edition I installed from. It has to sit around for an hour or more downloading the whole damned thing.

Here is a screenshot of the Steam Client along with the dumb mathematical failure thanks to either Steam or Bethesda. (Or both.)
    Disc Space Idiocy.jpg
    (Sorry for the editing. The background had my Explorer++ opened where you could see "69.08 GB free space, but could not see that it was another drive, so I blacked it out to avoid more confusion.)

*Edit* Yes, I realize it probably meant there was not enough space to install it alongside the install it was already doing due to Steam. But I still consider this a pretty bad failure for a Steamworks title that was supposed to be the GOTY edition and highly polished at this point. I expect better from the likes of Bethesda and Steam.

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Godwin

Godwin Member

'Playing' a lot of Age of Wonders 3 lately of course. Also known as 'testing' :D
    It's extremely cool, although I am still unsure whether it's ok for me to make such statements now that I have worked on it myself.
    But well, in any case, if I hadn't worked on it I'm 100% certain I'd be looking forward to launch this monday like crazy :p

12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Steam
    Is
    Broken
    As
    Fuck

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. I was clearly expecting too much for Steam to work correctly on an A+ title with millions of sales...

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Steam's been having a bunch of issues lately. And, on top of that, the disc installer can be unpredictable.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. As long as it doesn't feel like work, I think you get to call it playing? Also looking forward to the launch!

Godwin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  16. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Yeah, steam has been updating at least 5 or 6 times a week for me for months. Sometimes it updates 2 times in one day. This is just the steam client that is updating, not any of the games I have through steam. If I didn't have around four hundred games on steam I would likely say to heck with it.

Don't get me wrong, I like responsive updates to my programs but there is such a thing as WTF!

As far as what game I have been playing lately, I have mainly been playing Heroes of a Broken Land.

I have also played a bit of Two Worlds 2 with a small mod I had to make because you can't download any of the mods from the forum site where they all hang out. I have looked for other copies on the net and have been unable to find the ones that I am looking for.

17. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Yep, I get an update about every other time I turn my computer on.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The whole system barely functioned on Tuesday. I've got a purchase stuck in limbo (only a small one), because the system was that bad.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Well, the first DLC for Might and Magic X: LEgacy came out, so I decided that I'd finally finish my game. And I got totally frustrated in the last part of the last act, where this (virtually) unkillable foe keeps ambushing you ever few steps and heals itself and disappears (if its close enough to attack you), and I kept losing party members, until I finally ran out of rez scrolls, and so I restored from a save, and did a little better until I got to this one place where just could not survive, and I gave up in frustration. I'm not going to finish the game (at least with that party), which may mean that the DLC I just bought, I may never actually experience. I DID start a new game from scratch with an all-mage team (one of each race), and it's amazing, though I keep running out of mana potions and money and so on. I'm getting tired of the game so I'm not sure how much more of it I can play.

ESO early access starts Sunday morning (?) I think, so I'll likely be spending some time in that soon enough. I'm going to have to find a guild (well, technically, I can join up to 5 guilds, and as a crafter and someone who enjoys 'playing the market', I probably should find 5 guilds for 'business purposes' ). I probably shouldn't be playing that much because I'm going to be moving in a month or two and I really need to do more packing/cleaning/throwing out stuff. We'll see... Least my brother and his family will be helping me a bit on the weekends.

20. I never got around to finishing VTMB myself cuz computer crashed after I got as far the Malkavian Primogen's Mansion (Something Grout if I remember). ATM I'm playing...

sangfroid tales of werewolves: Werewolves... 2nd only to robots on my epicometer
    Shadowrun Returns: Shadowrun Unlimited: falling in love with the universe every second
    Robocraft (Cuz I can make ROBOTS)
    Witcher 2 (Can't run it on PC so I got the xbox vers. :/ plus I love the series and read the translated short stories/novels)

Enjoy your run of VTMB it's definitely rough around the edges but still worth a play either vanilla or with some of the recent expansions: (Definitely check out Moddb's page on VTMB if you're interested in some expansions)

OmniaNigrum likes this.