What games are you playing and why?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 24, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I too liked JC2. I hated the first though. I played it on the Xbox 360 I modded and then gave to some family that was bored. It crashed ever few minutes. For a console game to crash every few minutes is horrible, but if you look around, you will see that was the case with Just Cause.

JC2 I played on PC. Perfect stability. I just wish I had the money while the sale was going to buy it. I think it was only $3.75 or so.

Oh well. I will buy it next time it is on sale. (If I have money whenever that is.)

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Do you not backup your mods for later use? Or were you hoping there were newer versions of each or just wanting details to help decide which to use?

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's Steamworks, though ;)

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am not sure what you are implying. Is that bad? Good? Or are you referring to the fact that I hate Steam?
    steam.gif

Vitellozzo and HenrySpock like this.
  5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

The latter, rather obviously.

6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

It's on sale on steam this weekend for 75% off. Just know that you need at least Windows Vista to run it.

7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I know. But I am broke until the third of next month. I cannot even afford a sub $4 game. :(

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

It's on sale on GamersGate fairly often.

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Cool. I may just buy it there if I recall the sale next time I have the little bit of money it will cost.

10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I've never purchased from GamersGate, do they sell DRM free or have any restrictions or anything?

OmniNegro likes this.
  11. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Okay then. I'll go check those out.
    To Omni, it's more of the fact I didn't know where all these mods were at, and thought that PlanetDungeonSiege and Siege Network were the only two.

OmniNegro likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

They sell games as the publishers, um, sell them. Some games have DRM, some don't - a Steamworks game will require Steamworks, an Origin game will still need Origin, a SecuROM game will still have SecuROM, etc.. There's no restrictions I can think of, no.

OmniNegro likes this.
  13. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Thanks, I guess if I do start buying there I will need to be very careful. I don't have/use Origin and really don't want to install yet another DRM management system like Steam just to play a few games.

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Origin isn't required for a lot of titles (I think it's a handful at best), but I'd argue it's actually a lot better than Steam even when it is required.

GamersGate clearly label the DRM on a title (a few exceptions, I think), so yeah.

OmniNegro likes this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I looked around on GamersGate. But I saw things no less than twice the price on Steam. *Lots* of them. So I will pass on them. But thank you nonetheless Althea. :)

16. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

They're comparable with Steam on some things, not so with others. Their sales tend to equal or better Steam, and if you're a fan of European/Russian games, GamersGate is by far better than Steam.

OmniNegro likes this.
  17. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Well, I will keep watching them then. I love the fact that they *DO* have many very very cheap games. (Sub 1$.) But those are probably not worth playing. Either way, I see competition as a good thing all around, so I will watch them for a while.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I don't see how the price is relevant. Steam has a lot of $40-60 games that aren't worth playing.

OmniNegro likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I mean that they looked like pure garbage. But you are right, many expensive games are not worth a few dollars.

Price in and of itself means nothing more than price. I played more Nethack and Slash'Em than most every other game I played in my lifetime combined. (Both are free.)

20. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That's because GamersGate carries a lot of low-priced indies and 'vintage' titles, a lot of which are European.

OmniNegro likes this.