What enemies are you most looking forward to/do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by An Actual Englishman, Mar 7, 2015.

1. As entertaining as fishmen and bandits are, I feel that we are only scratching the surface of the various enemies we can expect to see in the final game. The idea of this thread is to take stock of the various enemies already in the game/hinted at in videos or pics and to suggest others that we would like to see. So far I think the enemies can be categorized into 3 different types:

Internal
    Cultists
    Transformed cultists? (still possible in the later revisions?)
    Summoned cosmic horror? (hinted at in early access videos)

External
    Fishmen
    Bandits
    Armoured bandits

Neutral
    Sea serpent?
    Antipodean vomiting fox
    Auroch
    Giant beetle

For me, external and internal enemies actively try to destroy the colony/colonists. Neutral enemies will retaliate if threatened. I've included the fox, auroch and beetle as I'm sure each will retaliate with violence when threatened, I'm not sure about the land dragon (perhaps someone else knows the answer).

When proposing enemies I would recommend we discuss how they fit into the gameplay mechanics too!

My few additions to this list are as follows:

Internal - Murders unrelated to cult activity. Perhaps the character trait "brutish" could lead to murder if two colonists that hate each other have a heated disagreement? The idea in terms of gameplay mechanics is to ensure that workcrews are managed effectively and this serves as a severe punishment if they are not. I envisage the risk of this happening increases as colony size increases so it would be a risk in the mid to late game moreso than the early.

External - Deep one. Ok this might be a little boring but I think that an upgraded fishman could add to the gameplay significantly. At a certain madness level or after a certain length of time I think it would be cool to have fishmen attacks that contain a deep one. Deep ones serve as the NCOs of the fishmen and keep the raiding party organised - perhaps with a morale boosting aura. They are, of course, significantly more damaging and difficult to kill than vanilla fishmen.

Neutral - Polar Bears. I don't know if there's going to be an arctic biome but if there is I'd love to see polar bears in it!

Anyways that's enough from me, what ideas do you guys and girls have? What would you like to see?

Rahbek23 likes this.
  2. Unforked

Unforked Member

I think I'm generally most looking forward to the major cosmic horror entities, just to watch the sheer comical devastation as the colony I spent hours carefully building is tentacled to ruins.

One thing I really hope to see is enemies fighting each other. Massive four-way battles between The Old Ones, Fish People, bandits, and animals right in the center of town would bring me so much joy.

3. Yea I think the cosmic horrors are most interesting to me too. I noticed in the latest experimental patch notes that there are now 2 possible colonist eldritch transformations. I wonder what the new one is? :)

Totally forgot about this being a thing, epic 4-5 way battles will be immense. I especially like the idea of being saved from a fishmen attack due to a bandit raid at the same time.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Military forces from the Empire and other competing nation-states, especially with vehicles like tanks and airships. There is simply not enough steampunk in this game right now. I would also very much like to see my cultists subverting and slaughtering a paranormal investigation squad.

5. what do you mean YOUR cultists. Have you forsaken the Holy Cog you DEVIANT?