What colour is a diggle?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by dbaumgart, Apr 11, 2012.

?

What colour is a diggle?

1. Yellow

14 vote(s)
    19.2%
  2. Mustard

34 vote(s)
    46.6%
  3. Light Greenish Yellow

13 vote(s)
    17.8%
  4. Red

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Purple

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Orange

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  7. Beige

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  8. Tan

4 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Mauve

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. Taupe

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

When you think of the iconic diggle, what colour is it?

I have to ask because I've actually interpreted the colour a bit differently in icons and art vs the actual game sprite. This question is about what colour a diggle is to you, not what what colour it is in a particular place.

Bonus question: Do diggles have a tail?
    Bonus question #2: Do diggles have a tuft on top of their head or is it round?

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

For me, diggles are brownish orange, but then again, don't count on me giving you accurate descriptions when it comes to colours.

Re: Bonus question 1: I think they have a tail, but a very small one.
    Re: Bonus question 2: I think it's round.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i can't choose. all of the colors look really nice. is this poll "what's your favorite", or "what is the default"?

4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

This poll is something like "what do you think is the colour that you feel to be the most symbolic for the diggles" or something like that (so probably "default").

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

What is the most iconic Diggle colour when you think of a Diggle in your imagination.

6. Tycho

Tycho Member

Mmm, mustard. Dijon mustard. I could eat that straight out of the jar, hell yes. Put it on sandwiches, put it on hotdogs, put it on...

Wait, what were we talking about?

Oh, and no tail. Tuft on head, yes. That looks adorable. Contrasts in a nice way with the "I will put a tunnel in your face, twit" drill nose.

7. Marak

Marak Member

I'm going to go with "Mustard" as well. Tail? Sure, but it's a tiny little thing. Round head, no tuft. That's my Mental Diggle, at any rate.

(Personally I think you should just go ahead and make the blue Twitter Diggle with the "t" on his chest because he's awesome, but I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one...)

Edit: What is a Diggle? A miserable little pile of guano! But enough talk... have at you!

Grim Peeper, Quarky and Kazeto like this.
  8. Shadowplay

Shadowplay Member

Voted Light Greenish Yellow but thats not entirely true. Diggles are the entire spectrum of the vote and it depends on the kind. Still, the average diggle is Light Greenish Yellow I guess.

Also, no tail, round head.

9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

They don't have tails, but they do have a hoof... ;)

10. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Im with Kazeto on the Brownish Orange, though likely a tad more Orange-Brown (I see them a bitmore towards the darker orange spectrum of browns, rather than the brown spectrum of oranges,), though lighter shades would tend towards tan (though likely that would be only for younger diggles). All in all so their colouration gievs them some camoflage ability with the earth and dirt about them.
    With a small stumpy tail, and a round head. Though I could see the Alpha Diggle of the group (herd? pack?) having tufts, or generaly keeping its head hair/fur spikey in some what to be more imposing, thusly showing its domanance.

11. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Mustard, no tuft, little nub of a tail (like a penguin or a pug).

Null and Marak like this.
  12. Quarky

Quarky Member

When I first think of a diggle i think blue? for some reason, I think I'm mixing the color of the diggle shirt and the diggle, or thinking of the twitter diggle-it is pretty awesome

But then mustard, tuft, no tail

13. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Mustard, with no tuft and a stub tail that can't be seen from the front.

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Hmm. For some reason the twitter diggle sticks out in my mind. Where is my blue option?

15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I would have picked red, but there is no specific option for dried blood red. And they have no tail or head when I am done with them.

This is for the fancy stuffed ones to buy as gifts for DoD obsessed people, right?

I hope they have flippers and a rubbery nasal thingamajig. :)

16. klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk Member

As the others have said, tail stub and no tuft. But the colour....either mustard of light greenish yellow. More like mustard, I guess.

17. Wootah

Wootah Member

I knew exactly what you were getting at dbaumgart.
    I chose mustard, although i picture a slightly browner (but lighter brown) than mustard color, but definitely not beige, tan, or Taupe which are pretty much the same thing in my mind.

Big ol' Muscle Diggle of that color popping out of the wall covered in dirt would be scary as all get out.

And yes all have tails, and all have smooth heads.
    What we don't see is them burrowing out of places (in game) to catch you off guard. That would be YIKES!

18. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I picked yellow, because that's what they look like to me.
    Apparently, I need to check my eyesight, because they're mustard.
    D'oh!
    And I do recall seeing them with a tail.

19. Grim Peeper

Grim Peeper Member

Well, of course diggles have tails. I'm thinking of Jason Alexander's character in Shallow Hal - a vestigial tail that wags whenever said diggle is excited or nervous. It's cute but creepy all at once...kinda like Jason Alexander.

But if you put a tail and a tuft on a diggle, it'd wind up looking like a miscolored Igglybuff. Although I guess they could paint on a little tuft like Jason Alexander did in Shallow Hal.

Finally, back to the original question...clearly diggle coloration is based on the subspecies of that particular genus.

I suppose this is what it feels like to be a Darwinian evolutionist, since I seem to be explaining it to an intelligent designer.

And for the record, I picked greenish yellow. It was the hipster thing to do.

20. Balhichou

Balhichou Member

I'd say mustard, a little tail and a round head too !