What are you most excited for in Conquest of the Wizardlands?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Unicycles, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Warlock

Warlock Member

I'm sorry I even asked. :( Oh well, INFINITE LOOT ANYWAY! :) :)

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Have to admit it's been a while since I looked over the features, but like a few others here I'm interested to see how the new inventory system works.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you mean the pocket dimension, you find a wizard key on the first floor (or if you manage to skip it, it keeps generating until you find it), and from there on you have a new UI button to go to the dimension. There you can drop items and they stay for the character's game. It has a 30 turn cooldown and you don't regen while in the dimension.

4. Warlock

Warlock Member

You can't use any consumables either but you can craft more goods if you like. Cooldowns also remain static, and so do buff and debuff counters. Just adding this on to Daynab's post. :)

5. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Sounds pretty nifty. The description, from what I remember, hinted at stuff being taken - just Gaslamp being Gaslamp or an actual possibility?

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

Just Gaslamp being their usual selves. :p

edit: I hope. I'm too attached to my looted poo poo.

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I have a feeling we'll have a Pocket Dimension Comparison thread before long where the OCD members (HI) show off their amazeballs organisation and where the hoarders show off all their different cheeses.

And I shall, at some point, quote George Carlin in it - "Have you noticed how other people's stuff is shit, but your shit is stuff?"

mutated and Essence like this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Obviously.
    Take Big Game Hunter and Perception, and you'll have tons of ingots and meat. Add Piracy and the same will be true for gems. Soon, someone clearly insane will try to make a build that focuses only on getting more ingredients, just to show people the piles of junk they gathered.

Also, the pocket dimension will make Runecaster funnier to play with.

SkyMuffin and OmniNegro like this.
  9. Warlock

Warlock Member

Just for this, my expansion PC will have clockwork knight, perception, rogue scientist, and piracy as part of his skillset. Infinite loot? YES.

Kazeto likes this.
  10. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

Screw that. Just level up Clutch of Midas to the highest level, then clear out an entire monster zoo using only Cashblast and defensive procs. Without moving.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  11. Warlock

Warlock Member

.........or just find something that has Midas proc on hit and start blazing away. YMMV. :dmg_existential: