What are you most excited for in Conquest of the Wizardlands?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Unicycles, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Unicycles

Unicycles Member

As the title, what gets you squealing with glee about the new expansion?

Personally, I'm excited the most about the Encrusting System (something I've always wanted in DoD), and the Bankster skill line; I think it will provide a reason not to use archaeology for the EXP boost, making me actually want to sell my enchanted items!

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

number 1: solution to the inventory headaches, once and for all.

Aegho and SkyMuffin like this.
  3. jhffmn

jhffmn Member

Given the spoiler screen of encrusting and the assumption you can encrust much of your gear, encrusting seems really really strong. I wonder if encrusting will be limited to smithing or if alchemy will let you encrust more wizardly stats to you armor through gems. This expansion might get me to take crafting skills again. I haven't taken any crafting skills since crafting was revamped.

I just look forward to playing through the game again with a few new builds. I just hope enough changes through balance tweaks/new skills/enemies/areas occur that I can get 2-3 play throughs out of the expansion. If that's the case, I'll be happy.

Heck, if all that happened was a revamp of existing skills in a way that compelled me to play things in a different way I'd be happy.

4. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

#1 Finally, finally some love for the compulsive loot hoarders and lack of space to stash said hoard
    #2 Everything else

5. SilvasRuin

SilvasRuin Member

The new sneakiness mechanics and new weapon mechanics in equal measure. I'm eager to see how they might interact.

6. Warlock

Warlock Member

This and everything else.:)

7. Shaz

Shaz Member

The pocket dimension. Absolutely hands down the pocket dimension.
    I'm a hoarder; I can't help it. Too many times I have sold or fisked a component, then wound up finding a use for it very soon after. Now I'm scared to sell/fisk ANYTHING, so the loot piles, they get so huge, and so time consuming to cart from floor to floor to floor...

I died last night, on a character I'd consider one of my best (a double roll of bad luck slaughtered her!). I have ideas for a new one, but I'm loathe to start until the xpack is out, because while creating a new one sounds fun, the inventory overload I KNOW I'm going to have does not!

There's so much else to look forward to, so I really hope the xpack is released soon! :D

banjo2E, Kazeto and OmniNegro like this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

August first... Infinite loot! Hoarder's Pocket Dimension!

I almost wish I could hibernate until it is released. :)

Aegho and Shaz like this.
  9. Warlock

Warlock Member

INFINITE LOOT!1!!11!1!! :) :) :) :)

And all we need to do is wait.

Giygas and OmniNegro like this.
  10. doorhandle

doorhandle Member

I also approve of the pocket dimension, as I generally play without crafting skills AND EVEN THEN my inventory becomes full.

I am MORE excited, however, for the wizardlands themselves, as I vale EXP over items any day, and more sources of such will ALLWAYS be welcome.

11. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Storage space, new places to explore, new skills. In that order. Also... everything else like interface improvements.

12. SamuelMarston

SamuelMarston Member

You said it all.

13. Pocket dimension wins, but there isn't a feature in the xpack I won't use. Bravo, Gas Lamp!

But the "Pretty Darn Soon" was a lie.... August 1 was more than a month aways. <sobs some more>

14. Warlock

Warlock Member

Any alpha testers got some more free information on the expansion they're willing to share? how many new types of enemies are going to be added to bork us over this time? I WANT INFORMATION DAMN IT, I'm throwing my 10 dollars at the screen but nothing's working! :(

15. N490

N490 Member

Exploring the Wizardlands, minibosses and some of the new skills, namely (and yes, mostly because of their names) Paranormal Investigator and Magical Law.

Also, whatever they advertised as "A small, pleasant handful of usability fixes!"

16. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

1. The Wizardlands
    2. Never leaving my room again except to eat and use the toilet
    3. Mods that add even more Wizardlands
    4. Dying forever alone

Unicycles likes this.
  17. No, no.... the Diggles will comfort you until the power company cuts you off for lack of payment. It's okay.

SkyMuffin likes this.
  18. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

5. Forever sitting in a booth at McDonalds and leeching their outlets so I can continue to play Dredmor

Aegho, OmniNegro and The Apprentice like this.
  19. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Keeping in mind that everything is subject to change:

3 kinds of violent Rutabega.
    3 kinds of violent Crusteacean.
    3 kinds of violent cloud-riding Gremlin.
    3 kinds of normal and 1 boss kind of violent voodoo priest.
    3 kinds of violent Treant.
    2 kinds of violent Japanese robot.
    3 kinds of violent anthropomorphic bee.

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

i hope the gremlins dont multiply. i really hope they don't.

(i realize that now that i've said it someone will probably make it)