What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Vykk Draygo, Oct 4, 2011.

1. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

At work lately I've been getting into weird, dark ambient stuff (see: Lustmord) and minimalist electronic (see: Apparat) because they let me concentrate the writing/talking part of my brain on content-making without getting distracted by any overt lyrics.

Aside from that I've got, oh, post-punk, industrial, medieval, 8bit ...

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Just turned on Pandora and this is what came up: Bruce Springsteen "Lost in the Flood" from "Live in New York City" -- great version

3. Pothunter

Pothunter Member

The latest Ensiferum, From Afar

4. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

That sounds like a randomly generated room.

5. Pothunter

Pothunter Member

6. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Not bad, though not quite my taste in metal. It's close, but I've awlays leaned more towards stoner/doom metal, and symphonic/operatic metal.

Maiden, Mother, & Crone by The Sword.
    Awww yeah. I could rock this all day. And so fun to play too.

Stone Magnet by Electric Wizard.
    So heavy, so good.

Vizard by Moi Dix Mois.
    From my Visual Kei days. Still enjoy it, but I'm over watching men in drag wail on guitars. ;)

BONUS! Ware, Arubeki Basho by MUCC.
    One of my favorite bands to this day.

7. Marak

Marak Member

My WinAmp playlist is an eclectic thing. My musical tastes range from 60's folk music, to classic 70's rock, to Bad 80's Music (I plead the excuse of "I grew up with it"), to 90's Alternative (mainly Nirvana), to a huge pile of my favorite NES and SNES Remixes from OCremix.

So I'll go from The Minibosses doing The Best of MegaMan 2 to Nirvana's Heart-shaped Box to Gordon Lightfoot's "If You Could Read My Mind" to Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By the Light" (screw Manfred Mann!). It's funny when I do this with my son anywhere nearby: "Dad, what are you listening to?"

Kids these days, I tell ya.

8. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

9. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

One Headlight by the Wallflowers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zzyfcys1aLM

I love this song to pieces. It has one of the best intro's ever, great dynamics, wonderful flow, and gorgeous guitar tones. It's a pretty much perfect piece of pop-rock.

Marak likes this.
  10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Hey Jude by the Beatles (just came up on Pandora) -- I love (almost) every song by the Beatles.

Marak and Daynab like this.
  11. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Roll a d6 by Assorted Intricacies. Best non-Wierd-Al spoof remix ever.

12. Marak

Marak Member

A Murder of One by the Counting Crows just popped up. :)

I love this band in general and their August and Everything After album in particular, but this one song always gets my blood pumping. Other recommendations: Rain King, Daylight Fading, A Long December, Sullivan Street, and Perfect Blue Buildings.

edit: One Headlight is an amazing song. In a similar vein, I'm partial to "Name" by the Goo Goo Dolls. LOVE the lyrics to that one.

Essence likes this.
  13. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

God I used to LOVE Counting Crows back in the day. I have to go find that CD now. :)

14. Five Fingers by Aesop Rock. It's the song I like to put on whenever I feel like playing a Rogue type character in DoD.

I like all kinds of different music. From Metal to Breakcore and Jpop to Hip-Hop. I'm not very fond of country or dubstep but I believe that every genre has something good to offer. I'm always open to listening to new bands or music even if I end up not liking what I hear.

Is anyone else on Last.FM?

15. blob

blob Member

Industrial, metal, electronic or 8bit mainly. Lastly only game music though ( been listening to Dredmor, Binding of Isaac and some of Falcom sound team's soundtrack lately. )

If the soundtrack of the Social Network is the inspiration for the next game, it is very promising. I must have looped "pieces from the whole" 66872 times.
    ( worked especially well on Minecraft, couldnt stand the original soundtrack of this game ).

Good old times with Ware arubeki basho from MUCC too :)
    J metal bands are so random its either hate or love on each of their musics.

16. Godwin

Godwin Member

Try this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khI1vx1sXMY&feature=related
    Just encountered it among my music... really nice :)

17. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

I'd say that's me with most metal bands, honestly. ;)

Dare You To Move by Switchfoot.

18. Jatopian

Jatopian Member

Zelda 3 TheDarknessAndTheLight OC ReMix by McVaffe

I greatly prefer instrumental stuff much of the time, and ocremix.org is a pretty good source of it.

19. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Literally just listening to this after seeing it on TV.
    I really love the show it is from.

20. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member