OS X Snow Leopard Weird save glitch

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Arron Syaoran, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I saved my game on floor 4, then when I went downstairs, the game crashed. Seeing how I didn't want to lose progress, I reloaded from my autosave, then continued onward. I saved and quit, took a break, and logged back on with no problems. When I saved and quit again(so I can switch from Fullscreen to Windowed), my autosave is deleted and my savegame reverted back to floor 4, even though I saved after floor 4.

I've been noticing Dredmor crashing quite alot lately, mostly just random crashes. Maybe it's because I played some sound effects in the Dredmor folder(And copied some image/skill templates for my mod). As for the Dredmor folder content, aside from copying and playing sounds, I haven't changed any of the files.

I committed suicide to kill off the character(it's glitched), then I deleted the local dredmor content. I'm hoping this bug never happens again, but is anyone else experiencing random crashes, or crashes upon starting a new game? Note: this goes for Windows/Linux users too.

Edit: It might be because of Steam's Cloud Sync deleting my newer save and replacing with an older save. If that's the case, I'd like to be able to turn off Steam Cloud's download ability when I want to.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

To turn off the Cloud, open config.xml (in the save game folder) and change enableCloud to 0

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

ty, i'll keep it off for a very long time.(until I want to backup my saves)