Weird Mod Idea from a Newb

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Certainly Syrix, Dec 9, 2013.

1. I still have yet to even reach the tenth floor, but I found that the food items I come across even in some early levels of the game rather pointless, save for the Deep Omlette. This is just my opinion, and even though I've been playing DoD on and off for over two years I'm still not an expert. I just bought the third expansion. Could someone make a mod that adds a debuff for going an extended period of time without consuming anything? Or maybe a skill tree that makes food generally more useful?

2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I actually don't find any food to be pointless overall, though granted, depending on luck, difficulty level and so on, you may EVENTUALLY end up with much more food than you need. Keep in mind that food buffs do stack, so even those meager meat scraps can be worthwhile (particularly if you have an invisibility potion or the equivalent). On the other hand, that's not always the case. In some games, particularly if you play with No Time to Grind, you actually may have problems finding enough food.

In any case, even seemingly worthless items can always be converted into Lutefisk.

As far as a mod to add a debuff for not eating, you may want to take into account the fact that anyone taking the Vampire skill would have a problem with that.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    Kazeto likes this.
  3. Huh. Must have forgotten about that. Could the problem with Vampires be off set by a unique drink that works for non-Vampires too?

How about... a Dark Souls crossover mod? Dred Souls?