Windows Vista/7 64-bit Warlockery: Essence of Battle bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by MarinatheAdventurer, Aug 9, 2013.

1. I had no issues constantly running this buff without losing mana, but for the past few sessions of DoD, I've constantly lost mana while this is up, even with no enemies even on screen, let alone attacking me. This is also without any debuffs. I have several buffs that take some mana to sustain, but my mana regen is high enough to entirely negate that. It is only with Essence of Battle activated that I lose mana to the point of being stuck at 0 mana until I remove it.

Thanks for any help or advice you can provide and have a great day :).

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I believe that's a feature, Essence of Battle will drain all your mana in a couple turns. It has some triggers after 4 or 6 turns I think.

3. Hmm, thanks for your reply. That's somewhat surprising, because I could not find any information stating that, and the in game descriptions don't always tell you exactly what happens when you use or cast something :p.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

That's intended behavior. Essence of Battle always drains 100% of your mana when it ends -- and it drains 1 mana every turn until then, so even if your Mana Regen is maxxed out, Essence of Battle will eat it all, every round. That's because it's freaking powerful, making every single activate-able Warlockery ability better in most ways while it's on.

Kazeto likes this.