Wands recharging exploit still around.

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Kaidelong, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

It was previously mentioned on the forums here by J-Factor: http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/can-wands-be-used-permanently.674/#post-5038

I couldn't find much mention of this bug in other posts, and that one was from a while ago.

I'm bringing it up again cause despite the game no longer seeming to have the crafting screen he mentioned, if you craft a wand you are able to stack them, and then break the stacks with alt-click. When you do so you get a wand with a number of charges as if though it is freshly crafted.

This effectively allows you unlimited uses of a wand, so long as you are able to stack it.

PS: I suspect a similar exploit could be used to remove krong curses, since weapons can stack too if you've crafted them, has someone tried it?

2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Y'know, I think you're right. I had something like that happen with a quest item I got (flail, I think) waaaaaay back when I first got the game. Got the reward, tossed it in the back pack. Then, when I had enough skill to craft the triple flail, I made another and they stacked. I separated them by equipping both, but the enchant was gone. I threw duplicates of anything I wanted to craft on the ground after that for a long time.

Quest enchants and Krong enchants are different, but I wouldn't be surprised if they functioned the same here. Corruption might be beatable this way too. I'll check it out if I get the chance.

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Fun fact: this buggy behavior doesn't persist after the game is loaded again from a save. Stacks of wands can no longer be split, or combined. It seems like crafting an item makes it stackable. It'd be a nice thing to get fixed.

4. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Appears to be fixed in 1.0.10 RC2. Lock would be nice I think. Sorry for not having tried the beta immediately.

EDIT: No, it isn't fixed, apparently. Clicking the sort button makes the wands stack once more.

5. Confirmed, not fixed for 1.0.11 - I had a nice stack of slinky flails crafted from flails that I wanted to turn into triple flails. No fun.

6. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

I crafted two ring of Iron Thornes - I put one on Krong, and if it gives me a curse, I stack them, move the stack to a different slot in my inventory, break the stack of 2 apart, and the Krong curse is gone! Once I got a ring with a few good bonuses, I made a third so I could safely Krong my other ring.