Wand Lore and Wand Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IanExMachina, Jul 29, 2011.

1. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

There have been quite a few comments on the usefulness of Wand Lore/Wands, so here are my suggestions that should make the skill more appealing.

Wand Lore:

Add in some new abilities at level up such as:
    - A buff that gives a 50% chance at stopping a wand burnout.

- High level ability to create a random wand. (High recharge time, created wands sell for nothing.)

- High level ability to repair a burnt out wand. (Either this or the wand creation ability as both would be overpowered.)

Wands:
    More varied and unique wands would also breathe new life into the skill, especially if some of the new wands had effects that weren't replicated by spells in another skill tree, as whilst non WL players could find and use these wands, those with the WL skill would be able to re-use/replace.
    Such as:

- Wand of Krong. (It looks like a blacksmith hammer). When used it casts an buff (that can't be cancelled) on the player with random bonuses (like if you put an item on a Krong Anvil) that lasts for 5 attacks. Although beware, you may displease Krong and get a harmful 'buff'.

- Diggle Beak Wand (Looks like a diggle beak, obviously.) Cast on an enemy, acts like the 'Curse of the Golden Ratio' however instead of dropping gold the enemy drops diggle eggs.

- Finger Wand (Looks like a finger). When used it creates a large damaging toxic gas cloud on your location. (Flavour text: 'Pull my finger' or something similar.)

- Double Ended Wand (Looks like a wand?) Cast on an enemy, when used you switch places with the targeted enemy.

I'm sure there are many other unique spells that could be created for wand usage.