WALLPAPERS PLOX

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by adelmagne, Aug 29, 2012.

1. adelmagne

adelmagne Member

i'm begging for Clockwork Empires wallpapers!! plox

i love me some victorian era steampunk with gaslamp art style!

Lorrelian and Ruigi like this.
  2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

This

3. Godwin

Godwin Member

Well I just made this really quickly in paint by flinging some of the released stuff together. There more that I didn't even use so other people can make more variations, especially if you go back through the released teaser art (deer squid wallpaper ^^).

Pardon me for the size, it's the size of my desktop, so :p

I'll put it behind spoiler tags, it can be a longish load I expect.

[​IMG]

Edit: Doh! Forgot the Gaslamp Games logo, it's on now :)

Kazeto, Turbo164, Daynab and 2 others like this.
  4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I think some DoD ones would be nice, too.

I think a lot of stuff is drawn quite small, though - it's why skill icons are never quite big enough for user pics without getting blurred.

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

Just one Like? Bah ungrateful people :p

LionsDen and OmniNegro like this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

There. I gave you another. At least someone cares. :D

Godwin and Kazeto like this.
  7. Godwin

Godwin Member

Thanks! :D

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Here's one, made for my resolution of 1900x1050...

[​IMG]

9. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Thanks for the love... I'd love to do something more intricate. :)

10. Godwin

Godwin Member

I love my composition better (sorry) but the colorization and fade effects are really nice :)

11. adelmagne

adelmagne Member

hey godwin, can i make a request out of you? :D

can you make it so that the entire collage is on a "brick wall" and the individual pictures are on "brown-looking rugged, jagged, rough, torn, prohibition era posters" ??

like, just run the pictures on a sepia/old-ify filter, and i will love you forever :life_steal: (no homo)

12. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

Good work, considering how fast you said you did it. I don't understand the redundancy of the cog/skyline in so small a space, and the overall halves seem a tad disjunct because the "Clockwork Empires" logo is attached in style to the flyer on the left rather than standing alone as the title. It doesn't need to be larger, necessarily, but some separation/contrast from the style of the flyer would prevent it feeling tagged on, as the flyer is the largest image on the canvas.

Thank you.

13. Godwin

Godwin Member

You can always ask of course :) but I am afraid I am not going to do it. I don't think I could do it in paint.

Thanks, yeah it was just, I dunno, 20 mins or so?

Let me help you understand :p, it's easy: I didn't recolour anything as I have no experience with that, so recolouring the logo... while you're right that it would stand out more, I am not going to do. I am also using paint, in which you cannot even do those things (sepia filter??).

I don't know what you mean with redundancy of the cog/skyline? Maybe that I used the empire cog flag twice? Well, that was the smallest thing I could find in the few mins I took for it that could easily fill the spot. I tried some other things, but they needed to be scaled and then became very pixellated.

OmniNegro likes this.
  14. Kamisma

Kamisma Member

I can try to do that, no promises though, it's been a long time i photoshoped anything, and i don't know if i'll be able to give a convincing look to the wall + posters.

adelmagne likes this.
  15. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

I understood. I meant that perhaps given a few more minutes you could eliminate using the same picture twice in so small a space. As to your other limitations, have you thought of gimp? http://www.gimp.org/

16. Godwin

Godwin Member

Thank you for the link :)
    However, I am not in it for the long run. I probably should have stated that earlier.
    I just figured I'd help adelmagne out with a few minutes of my time, try to maybe make him happy. I was surprisedly pretty happy with the end result myself so decided to post it. I also use it as desktop image myself.

It was also my hope that in giving the example (not because they wouldn't have thought about it, but because it is motivating to see if you can improve an existing thing) people who are better at this than me could take it further, so by all means, do it yourself, use my example and picture however you wish. I just don't want to put more time into it at this moment, sorry (I have little free time).

OmniNegro likes this.