Vote up the features/improvements you want done [DUNGEONSOFDREDMOR.USERVOICE.COM]

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by MisterS42, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Is this being used officially now?

2. Desi

Desi Member

In an unofficial way at least. David Baumgart linked to it and addressed the most popular requests at http://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/2011/07/14/crashes-cynical-brit-feature-request-faq/

3. MisterS42

MisterS42 Member

Also Daniel is an admin and is updating it when he gets a chance. I just wish it would be stickied.

4. MisterS42

MisterS42 Member

Thank you for the sticky. Glad to see the interest from the developers.

5. Tytaine

Tytaine Member

An easy way to see ideas for improvement on the game? Sounds interesting!

6. Niymiae

Niymiae Member

Boost Health Regen on heavily melee items, pretty please \o/

7. FranKRyzzO

FranKRyzzO Member

(posted this over at steam and thought I'd register and share here too)

This game is the best 5 bucks I've ever spent! I truly appreciate how the developers respond to the players and implement feedback. Thank you guys!!!

There are a couple improvements I'd like to see implemented. These have probably all been requested prior, here goes:

1. Customizable hotkeys - being able to assign a potion or an arrow pack to a key would be awesome. Assigning a key to open a crafting station or assign a mouse key to convert an item to lutefisk would be even more awesome.

2. Stacking wands/generic weapons/armor - I look at wands as any other consumable item. A partial wand should be required to hold its own space, but full wands of the same type should stack as well as generic weapons or armor. I don't care as much about the weapons and armor (although it would be very convenient for Brax sale runs), but the wands would be a huge plus. I try to save the wands I get early in the game for when I'll really need them, but they end up taking up so much space in the inventory that I often have to sell them or drop them to grab something else.

3. The obligatory MOAR request - more weapons, more crafting, more enemies, more loot, more skills. Give an inch and we'll take a mile! Again, thank you!

4. A way to remove curses from corruption/enemies. I like that you have curses in the game, but I hate that it's permanent. A potion or fungus or even a wand to restore my finely crafted weapons to their original glory. Maybe even adding an extra attribute to the crafting skills if you don't want this to be a universal ability. For instance, a smith could re-temper a cursed blade to remove the curse, an alchemist could make a restoration potion, a tinkerer could make a curse removal item.

5. Stacked items in a belt slot shouldn't all go to a kleptoblobby! I'm just bitter that one took my stack of 130 lockpicks instead of one... I died a little inside, kicked an imaginary puppy, and then took my rage out on the rest of the floor for retribution. (no puppies were actually harmed in this fit of anger)

6. More character sprites... I understand the difficulty and time required for this, but a guy can dream. More importantly, I'm willing to put my money or my time where my mouth is, and I think many others in the community would too. Graphic design is not my field, but I would happily learn a program and feebily attempt to give you the sprites you'd need to see my adventurer in my beloved Poncho with No Name and Vampire Hunter Hat.

Finally, not really a suggestion but more of a WTF?!?!?!1! Where is the donate button on your website? This game is worth more than 5 bucks to me and I'd gladly prove that to show my appreciation for everything you've done so far and to help encourage you to keep the content coming. Sorry about the novel I wrote, but I've never seen developers this connected with their player base. So until next time, so long, and thanks for all the 'fisk!

8. Marak

Marak Member

Any chance you plan on updating that list and removing all the suggestions that have, in fact, been implemented in 1.0.5? I love the idea but get turned off about bothering to vote when I see stuff like "make armor appear on the character" - this has confirmed by the Dev Team in a blog post that it will never happen well over 3 months ago - and "add more monster insults" - this was blogged about at least a month ago and just went live yesterday - in the list.

9. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

There's also the fact that the site gives you a limited number of votes, and returns them to you when the items you voted on get resolved or removed. I've been sitting at zero votes available ever since I signed up.