Vicar tip

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Change your chapel work crew schedule so that the vicar is working in the evening to improve your chances of him being in the chapel when other colonists have stopped work for the day and are seated in the chapel seeking comfort.

2. Mikel

On a whim I placed eight seats in my most recent chapel... It was quite the scene to see the seats filled with the good vicar behind the altar... Another moment of wonder from this game...

3. advkow

advkow Member

Interesting...so let me ask you this as a follow up. Will he go and sleep when he needs to, or do you need to block out a portion of the day for the good Vicar to snooze? I love that this is a thing fyi.

4. Mikel

I automatically blocked out a different portion of the day, so I do not know if he would have slept on his own. I first made the change because I found a chapel full of colonists with a sleeping vicar in a nearby bed.

5. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

What is the purpose of the acolytes or altar boys or whatever it is the laborers in a Vicar work crew are called ?

6. Mikel

This is a family friendly forum.

7. congregants don't have a function /yet/ i don't think

8. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

I've observed Congregants attempting to perform the 'Take Confession' job. This was in the latest Revision though, so they got stuck in place and subsequently starved to death.

9. liftvanwinkle

liftvanwinkle Member

I've taken to using my chapel as a way to rid myself of unwanted immigrants...

10. Troutbane

Troutbane Member

Aha. Perchance this is related to my bug, where those seeking confession starve to death. Well, back to reducing the chapel to a one-man show (Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show?).

Om another related matter, I've noticed that even when you assign a day time sleeping cycle, that sometimes when you reload, the chapel will revert to a standard "sleep at night" schedule.

11. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

I just observed on preaching at the altar to the masses while the actual vicar was off gossiping or whatever.

12. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

Is it clear what the decision process is for who attempts to receive a sermon? Is it just idle people? People who would otherwise be gossiping/drinking/punching co-workers in the face?

I too made this adjustment when I first noticed that it seemed that at the default work shifts the most popular time for the vicar to preach a sermon was first thing in the morning when everyone was busy heading to their workplace, and that the most popular time for hearing a sermon was in the first night segment when the vicar was asleep. I was experimenting with having the vicar and crew work mostly at night hauling stuff, constructing, and preaching, but that mostly ended up with the vicar building gabions and the congregants dying of starvation in the doorway, as mentioned earlier.

Having a chapel seems to cut into the amount of sleep a colonist gets, too, even with sufficient beds, the wonkiness of the vicar logic results in angry people sitting in chairs waiting, grumpily slouching off, and then spending the remainder of the night kicking baskets of cabbage to make themselves feel better. Amusing? Yes. Proper behavior for subjects of her Majesty? Certainly not.