Veganism is Annoying

Discussion in 'Realm of the Diggle Gods' started by Warskull, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I tried vegan recently and found that I was losing stats just standing and doing nothing, with my pet diggles doing the killing. Is that supposed to happen? I encountered a Monster Zoo on level 2 and my mana went down to *1* -- no joke. And I wasn't even attacking animals. If that's not what was sending my stats down, then I don't know what it was.

2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I would report a bug. That's not supposed to happen.

Exile likes this.
  3. Glazed

Glazed Member

Was it just your mana that went down? Were there any Gnomes in the zoo? The have the ability to drain your mana with spells. If there were any in range when you opened the door, they might have immediately hit you with their spells. Are there even any gnomes on level 2? I'm just trying to guess what may have happened.

It would be pretty obvious if Veganism was to blame because it gives you long-lasting debuffs that you can see. There's no mana drain component to the debuffs, but there is a -1 Sagacity debuff in Fallen Vegan which can lower your max mana, but it can only stack 3 times for a total of -15 Sagacity. That's at most -30 max mana. (At least, I think it's two for one.)

When you say your mana went to 1, was that max mana, or current mana? Were you getting obvious debuffs in the upper left hand corner?

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

It was max mana
    And I did have a few debuffs on me, and I was guessing that veganism was the cause, but I suppose it may have been a combination of factors.

5. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Attack on move combined with Veganism equals many awful problems with unexpected debuffs when Diggle Commandos and other invisible animals are around. If you simply switched places with them the problem would cease to exist. But as it is I wish I could make it unselectable when I make a character. It is disgustingly awful.

Not to belittle your woes or call you an idiot, but is it possible you accidentally attacked a Diggle Commando or something like that?

Exile likes this.