Various Problems That Could Be Improved

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by A Walrus Named Tabasco, Jan 6, 2013.

1. I've been playing the game a lot recently due to finally getting near the end and some problems have been bothering me.

Firstly, the combat can get kind of confusing, especially with large groups of enemies. Spells fly at me from all directions and it's impossible to keep track at times, which leads to me getting rather confused when I realise I only have 10 health points left and I have no idea why. This isn't helped by the battle log thing (I don't know the proper name, it's the text in the top left corner) lagging behind, although this is probably more of a problem with my computer than the game.

Then there's Brax. He gets angered way too easily. I was hiding in one of his shops to heal, when one of the monsters I had been fighting found me. I killed it rather easily but this released some kind of gas that hit Brax and caused him to try to murder me. He went down pretty easily but I wasn't too pleased when I ran away from a single Dread Collector only to run into a room full of them. I understand that it prevents players from working out clever ways to kill him without angering him, but wouldn't it make sense if he only got angry when you attacked him? It seems a tad unfair at times.

Some other minor problems to finish off.
    When you've cleared most of a monster zoo the remaining enemies should be marked on the map, it's frustrating to hunt around the entire floor for one enemy that slipped away while I was distracted somehow, or teleported behind a door I hadn't even opened yet.
    I'd like to know what bonuses the Diggle Gods give me before I pray to them or I just end up with a buff I don't want but can't get rid of.
    It'd also be nice to see some room types that only appear on certain floors (if there are any at the moment I haven't noticed many, although I do remember one or two). As it is most of the floors seem too similar, and after playing the extra floors from the Diggle Gods expansion I couldn't help but feel that they're just unnecessary padding and don't really add much to the game.

2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Another problem with the battle log is that it doesn't actually keep a log. The scrolley text thingy in the top left is it; you can't access a full record.

3. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

As far as the confusing combat thing goes, I'm sorry to say that's more of a user issue than a game issue. Over time, you'll learn what monsters tend to do what, and there are things you can do to make the game less confusing (take it slower, try to limit how many monsters you fight at one time via chokepoints, etc.) I will admit, however, that when looking at the log it could be clearer on some things. Like stating WHAT spell didn't take effect (Was it the extra damage from my passive skill? Or the floor effect the monster is standing in?)

TheKirkUnited and Kazeto like this.
  4. Createx

Createx Member

The log is actually completely unusable when encountering any larger group of enemies, and especially in Zoos where you might really, really need it. It's too small, scrolls abysmally slow and you can't access the information later on, this can be very annoying with named mobs.

TheKirkUnited, Kazeto and Bohandas like this.
  5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I 100% agree