Windows XP Vampirism doesnt scale with magic power

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Goat Cheese, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Goat Cheese

Goat Cheese Member

According to the wiki both life steal and corpse drain should go up with magic power, but ive been doing 3-life corpse drains since level 2 and im now lvl 9 with 22 Magic Power. The formula is [​IMG] ( 3 + 0.15 [​IMG] [​IMG] ). but i only ever get the flat value of 3 instead of the 6 i should be getting.

Also the life stealing ability - you only get the full amount of life if the enemy still lives after being hit. If you kill an enemy with either one-shot or just last hit before death, you only regenerate 1 hit point. Dont know if thats intended or not.

2. YoungEngineer

YoungEngineer Member

This is happening to my current character too actually.

Beyond this, the wiki formula shows for the first level in the skill (vampirism attack):
    "[​IMG] ( 2 + 0.14 [​IMG] [​IMG] ) and healing the character for [​IMG] (damage done by this skill + 1)"
    15 points into the magic power should give 2+(.14*15)+1 = 5.1

Unfortunately, I'm still only getting 1 hp on most hits with an occasional 3 randomly.

If this is true, then i guess that explains it... although that seems really silly.

3. More often than not, I'm getting +0 HP on each hit. And I have 12 magic power. I think I might have seen the word Vampirism appear above the enemy I was attacking, once; As though it were a skill that doesn't activate every time. It feels more like a hindrance than a skill tree now: Prevents healing normally, and doesn't heal as it should with normal attacks.

Edit: Didn't realize that Vampirism Attack appears every time you attack, that part of my post is now irrelevant.