Upkeep and unused buildings.

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Brian West, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Brian West

Brian West Member

I currently have a ceramics workshop that is on fire because no one fixed it despite having plenty of repair trunks. However, even more annoying is the fact that I have no one working in it and for some reason it still needs repairs. Its been sitting there for days unused. I would like the ability to shut down a building so if its not in use, it doesn't require upkeep.

I feel as though I am being additionally punished for having survived an obelisk attack, but now that I am short on workers and trying to recover, I can't just shut down a building. I obviously don't want to demo it as I will need it later.

I am fine with it costing raw materials to shut it down and start it back up.

Please add this feature. Unused buildings shouldn't require upkeep, especially if it means they catch on fire if they are ignored (which I have little control over).

Speaking of control. Can we be given the ability to change the order on the work orders list. I can pause, or cancel a job, but i can't just move it in the queue? Sometimes I don't wanna have to pause every job just to get one job done now.

Samut likes this.
  2. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

You can reclaim the modules with no loss of material, and then remake them to be installed when you have the manpower to run the shop

3. Brian West

Brian West Member

That is not my point. The building is built, the modules are in place. Its ridiculous to say "we're gonna go on vacation for the winter, lets just take the house apart and rebuild when we get home"

No. You just turn everything off and cover things up and blow out the pipes. Not disassemble the house and build a new one later.

All I want is an option to turn off a building.

4. Puzzlemaker

Puzzlemaker Member

Yeah, I can +1 this Maybe even better is having a much, much slower rate of decay for unused modules.

Brian West likes this.
  5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

1. Upkeep counter advancing in workshop building w/o overseer would be a bug.
    2. We've got some big changes to do to upkeep anyway so your concern should be addressed through that.

Brian West likes this.
  6. Brian West

Brian West Member

Thank you very much!

this is exactly what I wanted to hear. Keep up the good work. I took a few weeks break to play Skyrim a bit again, and I came back to some very pleasant changes as well as a few frustrating things replaced by all new ones! :D

7. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

Equipment left unused can still succumb to the elements over time.