Undifferentiated cheese mass

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Tacroy, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Tacroy

Tacroy Member

I don't know how the crafting system is currently set up internally so this might not be doable, but I think this would be useful for inventory clutter:

Using some crafting tool (maybe the mythical Dwarven Pannini Press? The Disposable Ingot Press is a bit too useful as it is...) you can take multiple different types of cheese and combine them into a new item, the undifferentiated cheese mass. It provides the standard food-healing over time for a certain number of turns, determined by the kind of cheeses that went in to making it - cheese with more healing power creates a better cheese mass, and of course multiple cheese masses can be merged together.

Using the Elven Ingot Grinder, you can split one undifferentiated cheese mass into two undifferentiated cheese masses, each with a bit less than half of the original healing power; one shows up in the output, and the other one remains in the input.

Like I said though, I don't know if the current crafting/item system can handle something like that. It would be neat if it could be done though! (maybe even as part of a Blessed Cheesemonger skill tree!)

2. J-Factor

J-Factor Member

I'd like Grilled Cheese Sandwiches to be craftable with [any type of cheese + bread] (instead of just the generic 'Cheese' item).

+1 for the Blessed Cheesemonger skill. Perhaps some sort of 'transmogrify enemy into cheese' ability...

3. Embolus

Embolus Member

Oh God yes. WTB Touch of Cheese spell/potion/wand.