Unconditional Love Bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by IanExMachina, Sep 12, 2011.

1. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

When you cast Unconditional Love and charm an enemy, the charmed monster will never be targeted/attacked by the other monsters.

This means that the Charmed monster never really has an opportunity to attack as it will target one Monster wherever it may be it, leading to it running off randomly or not being able to reach it's target so it sits there doing nothing.

2. Derakon

Derakon Member

Uncharmed monsters have a similar "pick a target, ignore everything else" behavior. However, they will soak up hits because monsters target them first.

IMO pets should have their AI modified. Currently it's something like:
    Code:
    Pick target
    Path to target
    If adjacent to target, attack.
    Change it to this:
    Code:
    Pick target
    If not adjacent to target and adjacent to non-target monster:
        switch target to adjacent monster
    Path to target.
    If adjacent to target, attack.
    The current behavior results in your pet occasionally just standing there and soaking hits from the enemy in front of them because they've decided they'd rather try to reach the inaccessible enemy further back in the hallway.

3. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Ah but since the 1.05 patch I've seen my summoned monsters change target when hit to the monster that hit them so they don't end up soaking up damage and not dealing it out.

However if nothing targets the charmed monster that never happens.

4. Derakon

Derakon Member

Ahh, I haven't tried any pets in 1.0.5 yet, so sorry for the misinformation. Glad to hear that's been fixed. :)

5. Marak

Marak Member