Unclaimed Bunkhouse for the destitute

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Viion, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Viion

Viion Member

As the thread title says I have a couple of unclaimed lower class houses in my game and can't seem to be able to neither assign occupants nor do they grab ownership of them. I've tried typical standard, wonderful standard, tiny one bedroom apartments and huge sprawling bunkhouse that housed almost 40 beds.

In no instance does the building get claimed. Although the beds are used and everybody seem to be having a great time sharing beds. That leaves me with the question of "What am I missing?" and (hopefully) "I'm not missing anything, am I? It's not implemented yet, right?"

2. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

it's never been possible to claim houses of any description, and for now, there'd be no reason to assign an Overseer or Work Crew there, since they have no function aside from being a place to store beds.

Viion likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Building and property claiming isn't working yet, at all, really. It's on my TODO list, and has been started but not finished.

Viion likes this.
  4. Viion

Viion Member

Thank you both. That clears out my confusion and it does tell me there is no reason to create single occupant lower class houses rather than communal bunk houses. I'm assuming the same applies to middle and upper class structures as well. But... I'm also assuming (since I've read the "slept in a bed below her standing") they seek out a bed of their class standing. Then the question is... will a middle class bed in a Q (quality)+6 Middle class building be rated the same as a middle class bed in a Q +6 Lower class building? And what about a Lower class bed in a Q +6 middle class building vs Q +6 lower class building? And of course, upper class beds as well.

5. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

From what I've seen from having both lower class, middle class and barracks quarters is that colonists don't actually seem to gravitate toward a certain preference.

In a colony with two large(ish) 15 cot barracks, and middle class abode with enough beds for 10 people half the time a lot of my overseers would sleep in one of the barracks whilst workers would sleep in the middle class beds.

In another colony with a 12 cot barracks, a 10 (or so) lower class home and a 6 bed middle class home, again colonists seemed to just end up sleeping wherever.

Whilst there were reports of colonists 'claiming' a middle class bed, this seemed to have no additional follow on behaviour associated with it, workers would still sleep in the middle class bunk house so I've worked on the assumption that behaviour also falls under what Nicholas was saying and is still pending.

Haven't tried to see how the quality stuff balances out as honestly the negative side effects of such at the moment don't even seem to register overall, which is probably a good thing until the actual behaviour behind such things is implemented

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    Viion likes this.