Unarmed Combat no longer gives you a starting Hachimaki

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Gorbax, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

What's that all about? Did I miss something?

EDIT: apparently something is seriously wrong with most skills that give hats (and apparently this is also an older bug, who knew! not me!)

When you pick Astrology and Unarmed Combat, you don't get the Astrologer's Hat. Warlockery's hat and Astrology work together fine, as do Warlockery and Unarmed Combat. When you pick Unarmed Combat and no other skill that gives a hat, you don't get the Hachimaki either. Wat.
    I'm sure there are more peculiarities, though I really can't be bothered to try out all the other skills that give hats.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  2. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

As I replied to Gorbax on Steam, it doesn't seem like the order you choose the skills (as someone else suggested a while ago in these forums) has anything to do with whether you get the Hachimaki or not. I KNOW that I've gotten it in the past, but the current skill combo that we're using for the Steam Challenge group doesn't seem to give the hat at all (even when Unarmed is chosen last). The skills are:
    Unarmed Combat
    Mathemagic
    Blood Mage
    Assassination
    Fungal Arts
    Communist
    Tourist

3. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

I was just informed by neocow on the IRC channel that you only get skill-related equipment if you have a majority of Class Archetype points of that skill. Apparently doesn't apply to weapons.

4. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

The question is, is that working as intended? It sounds like it PROBABLY is, but I'd like confirmation.

5. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

He said it like it was, and it does sound like it's a good mechanic to stop people from getting duplicates of items and stuff

EDIT: I just tried it and it does seem to work exactly like neocow described it. If it's intended, I couldn't say for sure.

6. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I remember this being discussed a long time ago, at least a couple of patches ago, and that was the way it was supposed to work.

7. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Then all is well