Unarmed Art mechanics?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Keemossi, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Keemossi

Keemossi Member

Mostly, scaling? Any idea if there is any? Or is unarmed arts useless in late game?

At least I haven't noticed any particular increase in damage after I had maxed Unarmed Arts. I'm starting to get worried that using UA is not viable (except as voluntary restriction..). I'm playing a lvl 9 character as unarmed, and a decent crossbow with no related skills seems to do better damage, and from range.

2. RF

RF Member

Yeah, I think unarmed is pretty useless. The game should probably have handwraps like D&D does, at the very least. (They change the damage type you do with your hand attacks to acid etc.)

3. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Member

I started a game with Unarmed, Shield and then all your other Melee stuff (Zerker Rage, also had Astrology) and holy crap I was doing insane damage with my basic attacks..

I'm guessing it scales off later game then, but got to the 3rd level and was chuck norris!

4. Keemossi

Keemossi Member

Yeah, level 1 was a nightmare, after that unarmed was really good for a while. Then it just gradually starts to seem weaker :/

5. afterstar

afterstar Member

There are shields that add magical damage to melee/ranged damage.
    Since you can add two of them,try to find ones that add extra damage.

With Unarmed combat, you need to level it up all the way as soon as possible.
    You will have two abilities with very low reload time that can knockback enemies.
    One AOE and one frontal, use them whenever you can, they are very strong ,not to mention they kick the enemies back allowing you extra rounds to either fire with a bow/wand or eat/drink an item.