Un-nerfing egyptian magic

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Laksa, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Laksa

Laksa Member

Hi everyone.

I am trying to change egyptian magic to the way it was in 1.1.1.

I was told that i need to look in spelldb to change the values,i realise that i need to change the values under sandstorm but not sure as to which one, and what to change it to.

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2. The code for the old sandstorm is the the "Egyptian Magic -- A God am I" thread if you want it

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. Laksa

Laksa Member

Thank you.

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The nerf is really minor. They did not go overboard. They learned from that mistake with Promethean Magic and Vampirism.

But do what you like. Just save a backup copy of the original 1.1.2 spellDB.xml so you can revert to that if anything goes wrong since it may be tied into other things in ways you do not expect. (I doubt it is, but a backup is always a good idea. See the image.)
    jesus-saves-and-makes-backups-291x300.jpg
    (Not intended to be religious. It is a joke. Take it as that.)

5. Laksa

Laksa Member

Will do. Incidentally, i tried restoring a save game i had backed up, but loading it would only hang the program. Is there a utility i could use to fix the save game?

Attached Files:

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Not that I know of. Sorry.

How did the save break? Did this happen when you updated? Or was it something else? A mod that was updated or something?

Or even just a save that suddenly stopped working? It is still possible to fix it, but only if we know what changed since it last worked. (Sadly, it is a long-shot even if we know.)