Ultra Library!

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by 50L170n, Jan 29, 2013.

1. 50L170n

50L170n Member

For those of you already familiar with my mod, this is simply its new home, being split into its own thread for the purposes of applying for listing on the mod index...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

>Ultra Library!

A library of ultraness!

This mod adds one ultra library to the list of possible rooms to spawn on floor one (only floor one as more than one ultra library would be too much for any human being).

Warning! This room is pretty sweet, yet also tantalizingly dangerous. Monsters will spawn inside!

Contents of "The Ultra Library include (but may not be limited to...) 88 bookshelves for your learning pleasure!

Feedback from the community is deeply appreciated as always!

Steam Workshop Link
    Further Information regarding this mod and "More Rooms Mod" on my website www.50L170n.com

Attached Files:

2. Nacho

Nacho Member

There's no question it's overpowered, but not horribly so. It's the kind of thing you might pick if you wanted a difficulty just under Going Rogue for your crafting build. Like, 90%GR. So yeah, I like it.

3. mining

mining Member

Well, it's a 'cheat mod' - but in a "I can't guarantee I'll get this, but when I do, it'll be on a non-crafter" way.

Essence likes this.
  4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I don't see it as a cheat so much as a way to take some of those other mods that add hundreds of new recipes without completely losing any chance you had of learning that one specific high-level recipe you needed. :)

5. mkire

mkire Member

yeah, I've got a bunch of mods installed and i run with all on most of the time. This likely the only way i'll have a reasonable chance of getting all the recipes needed to make a fruitful staff

6. Mochan

Mochan Member

Strange, I am not getting any ultra libraries spawned on floor 1.

7. Reshy

Reshy Member

Since it's a bit cheaty here's an idea to make it less so.

Ultra Library is guaranteed to spawn between floors 1-5, but only once. The Ultra Library will always have a strong mage-based monster called the Librarian who if you encounter early will likely have to shut the door and come back later. It's a and it throws spells like the player would. Drops several random high level books upon death. Furthermore the library is filled with traps.

If that's not possible consider making it a mandatory monster house.

If you want to make it a reoccurring room, eg a REAL ROOM consider making a secondary 'Super Library' that is smaller and has most of the book shelves replaced with the prop ones but still contains a nice trove of crafting recipes if you can get to it. Albeit these would spawn rarely.

8. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

There needs to be some kind of happy medium between one room on floor 0 with 100 bookshelves and not being able to get the ring of iron thorns recipe because your mods added 100 new secret craft recipes. Like a "More Bookshelves" mod that adds a few extra libraries to each floor.

9. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

If you removed the traps and monsters, forced it on floor 1, it would make an excellent debugging mod for crafting recipes.(So that I don't have to change hidden="1" to 0 and back, risking other changes that would break my mod)