[UI Request] Colorblind Filtration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Fax Celestis, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Fax Celestis

Fax Celestis Member

I'm deuteranopic colorblind, which means that I see colors according to the following comparison:

[​IMG]

This, by and large, is not an issue in most of DoD's gameplay. However, invisible creatures are literally invisible to me until they start hitting me, regardless of my sight range, etc. Even sometimes after they hit me, I don't know they're there. Similarly, the red box for 'traps behind a wall' is very difficult for me to see.

However, both of these issues are very easily solvable via a simple on-off switch that would toggle in blue outlines instead of red ones for invisible/hidden things. I'm not savvy enough to do it myself, so I thought I'd bring it up here. I'm glad that this game is as accessible as it is (not like, say, Puzzle Quest), and this little functionality would make it 100% accessible to people like me.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Hey, thanks for letting us know about this. I'll see what Nicholas can do and hopefully we have time to slip it into the official 107 patch.

(I actually just went and grabbed a photoshop filter that simulates the effect so I can check a screenshot to see if anything is totally invisible due to colour use. Neat!)

k0rd likes this.
  3. Fax Celestis

Fax Celestis Member

No problem. I'll let you know if there are any other spots where it might be an issue, but as of so far I haven't found any.

4. Vykk Draygo

Vykk Draygo Member

Just saw this. Just chiming in as some one with protanopia (no red receptors), the game is usually fine. I think there may be one or two levels where the trap lines are invisible, but nothing bad. I'll probably still use this mode when it's out though. :)

Also, that video was epic. I get that so much. It can be quite tiring to answer those questions over and over.

5. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Just to check back in on this, we're going to have to add a new visual options config screen to the launcher (or just cram more toggles in), so this will go to version 1.08 and be released concurrently with the expansion.
    ( .. Which is pretty soon.)