Uber Chest(TM) without lever?

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by tripleomega, Jul 21, 2011.

1. tripleomega

tripleomega Member

Yesterday I read about the levers opening the Uber Chests, so I went back to lvl 1 and started opening them.

The problem is that there are 3 Uber Chests on lvl 1, but only 2 levers. Two will open when the levers are pulled, but the third one won't. I've tried all 4 combinations of the levers as well, but without any luck. I checked the entire level twice to make sure and there really are only two levers.

Is this a bug? Or is it linked to a lever on lvl 2 or something?

2. Embolus

Embolus Member

I have another bug with Uberchests related to saving... sometimes a locked Uberchest would suddenly become unlocked when I save and load. The opposite can also happen: an unlocked Uberchest becoming locked for no reason.

3. afterstar

afterstar Member

Yes this is a bug, the game does not save the levers' state.
    They will always default to their initial state after a load.

4. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

However, after a load I've used the levers again.. and they don't seem to do anything. :(

So I'm finding some chests that are perma-locked.

5. Embolus

Embolus Member

I am quite certain there is some kind of bug with Saves in general. Background sprites tend to go missing when loading a save file (e.g. Diggle nests, smelting machines), and Uberchests which cannot be opened previously spontaneously unlock, or simply won't unlock even if you pull every single lever. I've had levels where not one Uberchest unlocked for me, despite there being a lot of non-trap, non-hidden room levers around.

6. bushybrow

bushybrow Member

levers can sometimes spawn inside of other objects like shrines

7. shaf

shaf Member

I have found a few cases where switches are hidden behind altars and cannot be accessed.