Trap question

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Anskier, May 28, 2012.

1. Anskier

Anskier Member

Hello

When you first gain the ability to disarm a trap if you are successful it disappears, however as you gain more trap skill you begin to pick them up.

My question - Is there a way to make them disappear or destroy them after you gain the skill to pick them up?

I ask because I just want them gone, I have a regrettable tendency to not notice them in areas I have already cleared and step on them lol.

Thanks for any help

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

No, there is no such way. And with a reason.

Being able to disarm a trap or see it from a mile means nothing if you don't pay attention to where you are going and stumble onto it.

I do understand your frustration, though. But changing traps to work like that is currently not possible.

3. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

Put them down in a Lutefisk Cube or sell them to Brax. There's also a mod skill, Kung Fu, which grants the ability to destroy whatever is on the tile in front of you, this will smash traps as well as other stuff. Otherwise, no, as Kazeto said you'll just have to put them down and deal with them. I often shove them in an out of the way corner and forget about them until the combat log tells me a monster has randomly died somewhere in the dungeon.

4. TheKirkUnited

TheKirkUnited Member

I like to weaponize them myself. A stack of traps is especially helpful in the early game when ranged ammunition can be scarce. They tend to lose their oomph deeper down though.

5. Marak

Marak Member

Related, a stack of traps that leave fire patches or other AoE Death Clouds on the ground are a great way to soften up baddies pouring out of a Monster Zoo. Again, this works best on the lowest-level Zoos (say, Floors 2-4), and is a productive way to clear the things out of your inventory if you're tired of selling, dropping, or 'fisking them.