Tooting my Own Horn: I Made Clockwork Empires Videos

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alephred, Oct 27, 2014.

1. grayfox687

grayfox687 Member

your chants of USA in the reward video advkow filled me with patriotic fervour.

2. @grayfox687 was comforted by @advkow 's chants of USA, keeping the colony safe

3. advkow

advkow Member

The USA chant. The most awesome of all chants.

4. Alephred

Alephred Royal Archivist for Queen And Empire

A look at Alpha 46! Excitingly, the hotfix has already rendered some of my commentary obsolete!

(YouTube has probably not finished processing it yet, but it'll be here)

Episode 2 is here. Episode 3 is soooo late. In Episode 4 I firebomb a bandit camp. Episode 5, spoiler: I fail to make fire.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Jeez, Louise, Aleph! you don't waste time!)

6. Unforked

Unforked Member

I hope you get a chance to demonstrate the fire feature. Maybe construct a ton of mines and plant them in nearby forests? Or do some bombing runs? Your audience demands fire!:D:dmg_conflagratory:

7. Alephred

I wanted to get on Episode 1 a little earlier in the day because I'm going to watch Star Wars this evening. :) In the video, I mention that certain decor modules aren't working, I just can stick a YouTube annotation on top of those.

Me too! I think I'm going to put an explosives cache right at the foot of my airship tower, and leave that beside a copse of trees.

Unforked likes this.
  8. advkow

advkow Member

Oh man! We get to build stuff with boxes and set things on fire! It's R46 time guys!

Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 And Merry Christmas to all! Episode 5

Episode 6 Bringing you a Happy New Year with way more colonies to settle and lose!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  9. Alephred

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  10. Alephred

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    dbaumgart and Unforked like this.
  11. Alephred

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    Unforked likes this.
  12. Unforked

Unforked Member

I like your new Youtube page banner!

What are your feelings toward that sandwich? My first thought was anger, but looking a little closer it appears there's a deep-rooted distrust going on--like maybe you think the sandwich is about to attack.

13. Alephred

I was going for 'deep contemplation', a la Rodin's 'The Thinker' - my first draft had that specific pose - but it somehow came out as 'serious misgivings'. Maybe I'll touch it up when I find some time. I actually recorded myself painting the thing here (sandwich time is here).

On a side note, I quickly threw that together because I wanted a custom URL for my channel. But the URL I wanted was not available, so now instead of

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiwDPm8pdttAM368UmwUrsg

I have

https://www.youtube.com/c/CallMeAlCallMeAl

which is a little better, I guess?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  14. advkow

advkow Member

It's been a looooong time! Life and other stuff got in the way, but let's try and make some videos and see if I still suck at this game heh? Also yes, these are Alpha 49, they were made literally the day before Alpha 50 hit! *cries*

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    Alephred likes this.
  15. Alephred

Welcome back, advkow!

I just whipped up a detailed look at Alpha 50, and biomes specifically:

Alas, an actual Let's Play may be erratic or significantly delayed, as I am moving, and may be without predictable electricity or internet access.

I'm back! Here's Episode 2. Episode 3 is now up. Episode 4 here. And the explosive finale, Episode 5.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Unforked likes this.
  16. advkow

advkow Member

Hey I've watched all your stuff! I'll have to try some of this new revision as well...it looks really cool. Sadly I still suck.

And while we are at it, here comes Alpha 50!

Episode 2 Episode 3 Episode 4 Episode 5

So an interesting question. How do I handle the military? Every time I try to play I get wiped out because I don't have the soldiers I need but...I don't know how big it should be?

Last edited: May 6, 2016
  17. Alephred

To celebrate Victoria day and CE entering Beta with revision 51, I made a special one-off video (the usual stuff to follow).

Part 2 is now up - it's the usual look at what's new for the patch.

Part 3 is the first episode of an actual playthrough. Part 4 is here. Part 5 is up. Part 6 here. Part 7.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    Unforked likes this.
  18. advkow

advkow Member

Just checking to see what's going...holy hell we're in Beta now?!

19. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's a Brave New World.

20. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Sign me up for some soma and a date with the vibro-vacuum machine.