Thrown Weapons crafting

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by IanExMachina, Sep 8, 2011.

1. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

Why is it that to craft the majority of thrown weapons you need to take Blacksmithing AND Tinkering?
    With every other weapon focus you only need one crafting Skill
    Axe/Mace/Sword - Blacksmith
    Crossbows - Tinkering
    Staff* - Alchemy

*Whilst there are staffs in the Blacksmithing tree they are more 'spears' and are warrior focussed which fits the Blacksmith skill, in the same way the Alchemy staffs fit the Mage archtype

2. Daiug

Daiug Member

The thing is, the BEST way if you want to do a full thrower it's with all 3 crafting or at least two. Early Smithing it's really good, later Tinkering it's better.

The thing is, i just can't imagine keeping EVERYTHING for both things :v And with alchemy you can have pretty much have all the chalk you need trough switching every gem into black pearl and crushing them.

3. Psiweapon

Psiweapon Member

Well, keeping all the items you need for a craft-it-all is... taxing.

4. IanExMachina

IanExMachina Member

^^ & ^

Exactly, and your inventory will also be full of your throwing weapons.
    It really restricts the use of the skill.

5. Daiug

Daiug Member

As i said many times, it could really be helpfull even half an inventary if you have the crafting skills.

With my Archer i have the first room on the first floor COMPLETLY full of ingots/things i will need later, and my inventory it's always full. I just can't play him thinking that the next thing i need to do is go up 5 floors, take everything and put everything down on floor 5. And this it's pretty much needed every couple of floors :v