Through the Ivory Gates and by the Power of The Dragon Flame...

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Kyrie, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

I finaly found it, even if it costed the life of countles wariors, now I can put down the tyrany of Dredmor!

THE EMERALD SWORD !!

[​IMG]

For the king for the land for the mountains
    for the green valleys where dragons fly
    for the glory the power to win the black lord
    I will search for the emerald sword

(Congrats, Now I must hear ALL discography of Rhapsody of Fire to be worth of wield this. Luca Turilli solo albuns included)

rory, Daynab and Kazeto like this.
  2. Portalboat

Portalboat Member

You....DO have the sword skill tree, don't you?

3. Kyrie

Kyrie Member

No, it's an Random build on elvish easy...

Oh... The irony...

:(

4. Robsbot

Robsbot Member

That is incredibly depressing, but laughably ironic. If I ever see this on my mages I'm ditching my mage build, strapping on armor, and going toe to toe with Dredmor.

5. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I found this on my unarmed build with another +20:dmg_toxic:. I started using swords for the rest of the game!

Robsbot likes this.
  6. Giygas

Giygas Member

Oooooh! It's that 50 :dmg_slashing: sword! I want it! I want it! *stops caring about the Emerald Sword*

I-er, mean, uh... nice find.

7. OddProphet

OddProphet Member

That's why I never ever make a melee build without dual-wielding.

8. Actually comparing stats I think the Emerald Sword might be better than the Monofiliment Sword, 'cause it does half its damage as piercing and holy. (Well obviously not in contexts where you need to just overpower resistances with as much damage as possible, but a lot of monsters are weak to Holy.)

But also: THE LOG.

9. rory

rory Member

For those who are unfamiliar with the last winged unicorn:

10. Frelus

Frelus Member

Afaik, the only monsters immune to holy are the fishes.
    Damn paladins, only I am allowed to play one!
    I do not know of many that have -resists, but no resist is really good, too.
    Also, Dredmor has no Holy resist.
    Stack dat damage.

11. Assuming I'm remembering the tileset right and they are on floor 13, there's Red Deth's, Tuber Spirits, Witch Heads, Acidic Slicks, Aether Oddities, Eldritch Slicks, and Red Lichess left who're all weak to Holy. And just Crabnir and Lutefisk Avatars who resist it. (Of course nothing has enough armor to absorb more than 25 slashing damage, except Dredmor, so the monofiliment sword is basically able to brute force though all the resists. :p)

12. Frelus

Frelus Member

But I like the sound the righteous-mostly attacks do more ;)
    Also, right, most undead seem to be weak against it, s I just found out (new game DL 2)
    Although fleshbore eats through them quite well, too.