this game have fortresses??, (if not?) why not?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by CaoMengde777, Oct 13, 2016.

1. CaoMengde777

CaoMengde777 Member

i dont own the game (thinking of getting it), couple questions

all the screenshots and videos of this game looks like a town, wheres the fortresses?
    only reason to play a game like this (for me) is to build awesome fortresses..

first Dwarf-Fortress-Like game i played was Rimworld and it was pretty cool, i liked building sandbags and a fortress, tiered wall enclosures and stuff (but theres alot i dont like about that game too (combat suuuckkksss))

and Timber and Stone is pretty cool, build castles its sweet..

is there fortresses like the cannon fortresses of like 1700-1800s ?? like the star fortresses ?
    if not.. WHY NOT!! WTF!!! :p
    .. as far as i know they werent obsolete until just before WW1 ??

.. to me games like this are ALL ABOUT building a fortress, all the resources and people problems and stuff are just challenges to make fortress building harder..

also, is there Multiplayer already? ..somewhere i read they intend to have it eventually .. will it be in 1.0 ??

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. kabill

kabill Member

You can build Gambions - makeshift walls - as a way of funnelling attackers, as well as deploy land mines as traps. That's the extent of fortress construction currently available in the game, however, and the gambions currently do not inhibit ranged attacks (not sure if this is a bug, a feature which has yet to be implemented, or something which is not intended for the game). Given all this, I think you might be disappointed with the game if your primary interest is designing intricate fortifications, at least based on the current version.

In terms of multiplayer, this has been scrapped. I can't remember whether it was completely scrapped or whether there is a chance of it being revisited later. But given the amount of work that would have been required to implement it, the devs decided resources would be better directed elsewhere (which, in my eyes at least, makes a great deal of sense).