Thieving foreigners!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Dona Nelson, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Dona Nelson

Dona Nelson Member

I had noticed on a number of occasions that my muskets seemed to be vanishing from the stockpile. I decided that I must be miscounting or some colonist or other was picking them up and hiding them. Wrong. I caught the evil aliens who were there to 'trade' blithely helping themselves. Pistols and muskets gone from my stockpile before my very eyes. The shameless pack of thieves could not even be punished for their larcenous behavior. Beware of these foreign types.

2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

They finally got us back for stealing their things (which apparently is possible still in some cases, according to reports in bug forum)

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Wait, so just to be clear on what's going on here - Foreign traders are picking up your guns from your stockpile?

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Yes, there's no way I've lost a carbine and suddenly a trader has it.

5. dbaumgart

The traders do now come with guards, who do have guns. But I'll try to see if I can repro this case.

I seriously would not have expected traders to be able to do this, and if they are, then that'll be a surprise. But I'll find out! Logged as OC-4399.

6. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I would not mind them cleaning up my surplus pistols... and perhaps some long pork steaks of their predecessors.

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

If it helps this was in uh 47 or 47A that I saw this. Fairly sure it was only after they had dropped their trade goods and while they were under threat from fishpeople nearby.

8. dbaumgart

Just tried to repro this in 47B+ with guns scattered all over and traders weren't picking them up - as well they shouldn't! They have no logic for picking up guns from the ground!

So I suspect that you're seeing a trader guard fighting fishpeople, and a gun disappeared by some other means. So there's still perhaps a mystery here, but uh, we know even less about it. ... unless! Anyone has a replay of traders using player guns to fight with?

Actually, I wonder if the traders' guns ownerships are being registered as owned by the player ... no, spawned a bunch of traders and the numbers didn't change. I could imagine a dead trader guard's gun possibly being *added* to inventory if they're killed in town, but ...
    ... I dunno. Do let us know if you see any more funny business of course.

9. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Well it was in a version before you added the guards. If you've already changed the trader jobs then it should be fine in 47B.

Since colonists can pick up weapons to transport them (instead of use) perhaps that is what happened...

If it's a rather rare bug, it's also the case that people might not stockpile weapons they really care about (so carbines) and wouldn't notice if their extra pistols or whatever went missing.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016