They've got The Bomb!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Killer2, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Member

It'd be neat if you spawned/used The Bomb too often, then the game throws one back at you, say if you accrued too many stacks of the debuff. Unfortunately, the game can't trigger things based on # stacks right now.

Killer2 and Bohandas like this.
  2. How about "international scrutiny"? Or "economic sanctions"?

Bohandas likes this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I propose "Out of Stamps" as a name for the debuff. Because ration stamps were very prominent in "communist" countries and thus it wouldn't be weird if one needed a stamp to get a bomb.

Giygas, Lorrelian and lccorp2 like this.
  4. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Is it possible to make a buff called "out of stamps" that is horribly debilitating and the only cure is eating ~30-50 food items? I could deal with the bomb making a bomb for free then giving you the buff. Then you couldn't make more bombs until you got rid of the buff.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I don't remember if the eating buff can be referenced as the requirement, but if it can, then it's pretty easy - just make the skill give you a stack of however many "out of stamps" debuffs you want instead of just one, and make it trigger another dummy spell just once (we could use a dot effect, but that would require using a dummy buff [not the most elegant solution, I dare say] and would make it less foolproof as any dispelling would break the whole thing) which would recurrently trigger itself every turn if there's at least one instance of "out of stamps" and take one instance of "out of stamps" per turn if you had the eating buff.

I think that would be a good way to do it, actually; props for the idea, Shwqa.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Using zorks doesn't make that much sense thematically. What if you penalized the player by absorbing some of their food or booze? Like 30 food items and 15 drinks? Making bombs is hard work.

Or you could have a "radiation" debuff for a significant number of turns, like 100-200.

7. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I like these.

8. Killer2

Killer2 Member

It doesn't? How so? The Communism skill tree already has a couple of skills that deduct Zorks as far as I remember.

Nikolai likes this.
  9. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

Communist spend money but they don't work for money.

Nikolai likes this.
  10. Bnips

Bnips Member

A castable Bomb generator would make the Communism capstone feel more signifigant. I've maxed that tree twice and have yet to ever craft one of those things. That said I think the suggestion to make it cost vodka is the best one in this thread. It is staying with the theme in many of the other peices of communist equipment, it avoids having a communist "money" skill though the metaimplications of this encouraging Banker/Tourist/Commies is hilarious.

I no nothing of scripting in this game really, but could the skill be made to work like the alchemy transmutation accept it can only target Vodka and no matter the stack size it creates exactly one bomb?

11. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I'm pretty sure you can but the problem is you can break stacks with the alt button. This means you could make the bomb for exactly one vodka every time.

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Which is something that they really should mention in the tutorials BTW (or at least somewhere!). I had had the game for a couple of months before I found that out.

Killer2, Jace and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. Bnips

Bnips Member

lol oops forgot rarely use my lutfisk cube since wizard lands, and ive weened myself off lucky picks a few patches back (when the perception gained lucky find).

14. codebracker

codebracker Member

yeah seriously agree with that, i couldn't sell any crafting toolkits I found, because they auto-stack, i couldn't split a stack, and I needed one