The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

GOG still haven't grasped patching. The patch numbers they displayed for Giana Sisters didn't match up with the numbers the patches actually had. It was frustrating as heck.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. I am seeing that now. I had it working until I bought the GoG version. Now nothing works as it should.

FTL1.jpg
    I cheated the resources, but the ship I am fighting is *NOT* cloaked. It is just invisible. Fun times. 'Eff this. I will try again when they have time to get things working.

mining likes this.
  3. omeg

omeg Member

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  4. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Because it's rather uncommon for indie games to have better deals on their own pages rather than in stores like Steam and such, so nobody bothered to check.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

now i feel stupid for not buying the THQ bundle when it came out,every +$1 dollar guy got Titan Quest for free,a game i would actually play =(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Check your inbox.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

They added "Red Faction Armageddon: Path to War" DLC since I bothered to play through the original RF:A... I really hope I do not have to play through that linear game again to play the DLC.

Anyone else want a Titan Quest key? I have no desire to play that game. Do not be greedy. Take it if you would actually play it. Otherwise, leave it for someone who will.

mining likes this.
  8. omeg

omeg Member

TQ was pretty nice. I hope Grim Dawn will be good as well.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

TQ was quite enjoyable, though without the expansion kind of annoying. Unfortunately the bundle does not contain the expansion.

SkyMuffin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think I played it all of a few minutes just after it was released. But I never even saw the expansion. It would have it's work cut out for it to make that something I wanted to play.

I have a Steam key for anyone who wants the game. Look at the price of the expansion and use that as a determination if you want it.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/4550/
    $15 for an expansion from three years ago? No wonder THQ is going broke.

Still. The game is available until someone decides they want it. First come, first serve. So speak up if you want it. The expansion may go down to a reasonable price with time.

mining likes this.
  11. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

This post has nothing to do with any real bundle, but I wanted to clarify a few things. First of all, GoG, despite seeming awkward and uncaring actually worked hard and *Did* solve my problem with FTL. But I have no idea what step actually fixed anything. Here is a copy of the messages and my replies to each.

These are in inverse order, simply because I am too lazy to fix them. I did everything I was instructed to do, and despite thinking it was BS to shut me up, it did work. And as I said, it continued to work when I rolled back each change one at a time. So there is something I simply do not understand about this mess.

Odd as it seems, something about this process fixed it. I have no idea what. I tried rolling back every change one at a time to see what made it mess up again, but I am now unable to get it to have this error even with all settings at the same as they were before I bought the game.

To be honest, when I read this I thought this was just another generic "shut up and go away" reply. But the best guess I can make is that AMD has some hidden settings enabled when you actually bother to make a profile for a specific application. (All the settings in the profile are now exactly the same as they were before I even tried any of this.)

I may never understand what fixed this or why it happened as it did. But I thank you for your patience with me. Have a very relaxing and happy day. :)

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 11:55:23 +0100
    Subject: Re: The star map does not show stars.

Hello
    Please open the Catalyst Control Center and in the 3D Application Settings create a profile for FTL and try different setting of the Filter under Anti-Aliasing.
    You could also try default DPI settings.
    1) Right-click an empty section of your desktop and go to “Personalize”,
    2) Click “Display” in the bottom-left corner
    3) Change your DPI setting to '100% (Default) and confirm by clicking “Apply”.
    Regards
    Genoan
    GOG.com Support
    This answer concerns ticket number A1T3SF53, which is now closed.
    You can reply to this e-mail to reopen the ticket.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the reply. However I had already tried everything simple like ensuring runtime libraries and DX stuff was up to date. Nonetheless I downloaded the 2010 DX redist package and installed it, then ran the DX Web Setup too. (No changes were made since everything was up to date. Here are the DXDiag Logs. (Both the standard 32 bit, and the x64 version as well for good measure.

Also, despite the fact that "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Faster Than Light\" should be perfectly acceptable as an install location, I did as you suggested and installed to "C:\Games\" and it was no different.

If upon reading the DxDiag logs you think the D3D9 Overlay is a red flag, note that this is just an issue with DX itself. You can check here for details if you want to. (Overlays work as they should. As does DXVA decoding for video players.)
    https://icrontic.com/discussion/95351/atiamd-drivers-and-hardware-overlays

Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:07:33 +0100
    Subject: Re: The star map does not show stars.

Hello
    1) Please make sure that you use "Run as Administrator" to install and to start the game (right click on the shortcut or setup file and select "Run as Administrator").
    2) Please reinstall the game to a simpler path (like: C:\Games).
    3) Install the June 2010 DirectX runtime package, then use the DirectX web installer, as your current DirectX may have become corrupt over time.
    You can find the ZIP file containing the 2010 package installation files here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d
    You will have to extract the files into some folder, then open that folder and launch the DXSETUP.exe file in order to proceed with the installation.
    Afterwards, download the latest DirectX web installer and use it as well:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    4) Please send me your computer's DXDiag.txt file, so I could look into this problem in more detail.
    To launch the DXDiag application on Windows XP, click Start -> Run... -> type in "dxdiag.exe" -> OK.
    To launch the DXDiag application on Windows Vista or 7, click the Start button, type in "dxdiag.exe" in the text field at the bottom and press Enter.
    To launch the DXDiag application on Windows 8, press the Windows Key + R type in "dxdiag" and click OK.
    In the newly opened DXDiag window, click "Save All Information..." and choose a location in which you want to save the file (your desktop, for instance). Once you have created the file, please attach it to a reply to this e-mail.
    Regards
    Genoan
    GOG.com Support
    This answer concerns ticket number A1T3SF53, which is now closed.
    You can reply to this e-mail to reopen the ticket.

Kazeto likes this.
  12. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

TQ is often on sale anyway, either via the THQ store, Steam or GamersGate (let alone elsewhere), so the expansion should cost almost nothing in a few weeks.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  13. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

I have an extra copy of Titan Quest also if anyone wants it. Fun game, but it suffers from pacing...i spent lots of time my first play through just running around for ages to explore a map completely.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

Love how the TQ expansion costs as much as the base game while only adding a fraction of the content,thats "$15 CoD map pack" levels of insanity.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

That pricing isn't uncommon for expansions like Immortal Throne. I think it's the case for ones like the SupCom expansion (also THQ), Red Alert 3: Uprising (Expandalone) and so on. But really, TQ is on sale *many* times a year, so it's not much of an issue.

What's more of a joke, IMHO, is Eidos/Square-Enix's rereleases on GamersGate/Steam. They're asking £7 for OLD games (likely similar to the GOG versions minus the extras), with no bundle deals. That's insulting.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Horse Armor. 'Nuff said. :D

mining likes this.
  17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

*Throws a brick at ON*

THQ have done *much* worse than Horse Armour. That was a one-off from Bethesda, something they've learned from. THQ's DLC approach for Saints Row the Third, Dawn of War II: Retribution and currently Darksiders II is really rather worrying.

Aegho, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I cannot disagree with you on that Althea. I tend to think of Horse Armor as the example of how to do things wrong for all time. Bethesda may have usually made good DLC, but it was a long time ago and now every company is using DLC as the way to reap customers out of their money for junk that no-one needs/wants.

They are certainly not the worst offenders, and to my knowledge not even repeat offenders. But they were there and established. So the example stands. :)

mining likes this.
  19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Please don't use that word as a generic verb, it's offensive and generally in bad taste.

Thank you.

SkyMuffin and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Bethesda? Sorry. :(

(I know what word you mean, and am editing it out right now.)

*Edit* I moved one letter, and besides looking like I am just being a jerk, it means the same thing without the offensive slant to it. I hope this is satisfactory.

On the other hand, yet again I do not feel it was out of place. Some may argue that it is disrespectful to victims to use the word for seemingly trivial things like this, but on the scale that DLC is sold it is hardly trivial.

Would it also be offensive to say I felt violated by some DLC I have bought in the past? That bears the same exact meaning.

Oh well. Let it die. I am a guest here and will attempt to follow the rules. Thanks for neglecting to smack me with the ban hammer for this and all the other poor choices of words I have used. :)

mining, Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.