The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Only one there I'm interested in is Blackwell, and I already have it.

Brilliant timing on their Hallowe'en bundle, too. 3 Weeks it says. Hallowe'en is 2 weeks today. Oops.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Not a "bundle" site, but it's a new site with a pay what you want indie game every 4 days - https://indiegamestand.com/
    Good games so far too.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Loren

Loren Member

A new Humble Bundle is available with some of THQ's catalog. Windows / steam key only, I believe. Be indignant about HB selling out to non-indies, or give some money to charity. You can do both with this bundle, actually.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Oh well, I don't really mind that bundle, to be honest.

Sure, some stuff there doesn't really interest me (I have the basic CoH and Metro, and I'm not really interested in Saint's Row for whatever reason), but the Red Faction game is decent and I could get some use out of it, and getting add-ons for CoH wouldn't be bad.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Loren

Loren Member

I don't mind it either; THQ could probably use the help. It's not like HB is branded with the word 'Indie' in it. I'm sure we'll see more non-indie game releases happening as the more higher-quality indie games become increasingly bundled already.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  7. Wootah

Wootah Member

Don't be indignant. Just pay $1.
    If they don't like the amount of money people pay, then they wont come back.

The Indies though, they get my $5-10

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

I paid $2, $1.50 going to charity. THQ need some money, sure, but their DLC model can get sodded. Only did it for Darksiders and Company of Heroes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Loren

Loren Member

I pitched in for more than the average and gave most of it to the Red Cross. I have a feeling their coffers could use a little padding after the recent storm.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

The only charity I ever allocate anything to is the EFF. If they were ever even on the ticket, I might allocate some of my purchase amount to the FSF, but they are never involved due to the very nature of the FSF being against the nature of commercial games anyway. (EFF = Electronic Frontier Foundation. FSF = Free Software Foundation.)

For the record, I like the Red Cross, but I cannot contribute much, and the EFF goes a lot further per dollar with regards to my interests. I may feel differently if I was dumb enough to live in a area ravaged by hurricanes every damned year, but I see that as sheer folly to support.

No offense intended for those who live in such areas, but if you build a trail through a minefield, you should expect to be blown up for that.

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Classy, ON. Considering these freak events are getting worse and more frequent due to what's termed "Global Weirding" (basically bizarre/freak events that result from the artifically enhanced warming of the planet due to increased pollutants, etc.), I don't think that's particularly fair.

I've got the Darksiders soundtrack playing, and I LOVE it. LOVE. LOVE. LOVVEEEEEE.

Did I mention I like it?

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  12. Loren

Loren Member

West coast / Southwest = Fires, earthquakes
    Midwest = floods, drought, tornadoes
    Ohio river basin = floods
    Gulf coast = Hurricanes
    East coast = Hurricanes

No one should be living anywhere in the US.

TheJadedMieu, OmniaNigrum and Althea like this.
  13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And in the Europe there are dragons. Or something.

Better just move to the Moon or Mars or anything of this sort.

14. Loren

Loren Member

In Europe there are Viking attacks.

15. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

In Europe it's rapists, barbarians, wild creatures and so on. I think. Oh, yeah, and political nutjobs.

But you've got Nazis on the Moon, too.

TheJadedMieu, Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I should change my signature.
    I am the undisputed master of derails! None can keep on topic with me around!

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  17. Wootah

Wootah Member

I live in Utah. What natural disasters do I get?

18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Politics. :D

Wootah and Kazeto like this.
  19. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yo let's discuss the bundles.

For what it's worth, Humble Bundle dropped its "Indie" title 3-4 bundles ago, and that's okay to me really, I like the sales plan either way.

PS @ Omni: I do remember a bundle that the charity was the EFF a while ago, but I think they rotate their charities.

20. Cream Magneto

Cream Magneto Member

the humble THQ bundle?

ID BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!

OmniaNigrum likes this.