The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Four games got added to HIB 6: BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Gratuitous Space Battles, Jamestown, and Wizorb the first three were in previous bundles but I don't think Wizorb was, though I owned it. I really recommend it if you liked or ever played the old breakout/arkanoid games. It's a fun little game on the genre.

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I think the bickering about stupid design issues of armor for a fantasy game is pretty pointless. Please understand that I too hate seeing massive milk-cannons. But breasts are just breasts. They have no more appeal to me on a Human as they do on a cow. On a cow they are just called udders. They are however identical in function. Men have the exact same breasts. They are simply inactive due to the hormonal balance.

I am a man. When I take the garbage out, I rarely if ever put a shirt on. Yet if I were a female, I would have to. That is neither equality, nor fairness.

In my never humble opinion, it is the sheerly stupid who develop an obsession with breasts. They perform no vital task besides feeding a child a preprocessed food that is perfect for them.

In the nutrition thread I mentioned that you can buy Human milk for your own consumption if you are lactose intolerant. That is about the only reason you should want anything to do with them.

But back to the subject, since we are again woefully off topic... I have been playing Borderlands 2. I started the "Zero" (Assassin class.) and played most of the way through the game. But then I decided to try the Siren. Wow... She is massively more potent. Sure, by the time I started her I already had a pretty hefty lead in the bonuses they give in the form of "Badass tokens". But even without those she would be several times as good.

I see zero reason to spam the assassin class skill. But the Siren has one that is perfect to spam away. Elemental weapons are much more potent with the Siren too. To put it plainly, I think the assassin is designed to snipe at range and to use melee in close quarters. But I rarely if ever melee.

Oh hell... I just realized this is the wrong topic for this also. I need to make some Coffee and wake my sorry ass up. The entire part about Borderlands 2 is better suited to the "What games are you playing and why?" thread...

No use commenting on the bundles I have recently seen. But let's make a thread to discuss equality and fairness to gender if we are going to continue this. Otherwise we drown out the real topic here.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

(talking about the new games was my attempt to do just that, subtly)

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I wonder if the bundles can start offering a minor discount on upcoming AAA titles? Bundles as they are, are nice. But most of the time there is only ever a single game in the bundles that I want. They could make it more appealing by offering a 10% off the purchase of X-com when it comes out. It would be better than adding more garbage games. (Some of the games are really good. I first bought DoD from the Humble Indie Bundle. But for the most part, there is nothing I play more than a day or two at most.

Recently they started adding music and independent movies/documentaries to the bundles. (Some of them at least.) That is a good idea, but it does not appeal to me. I know some people think that adding garbage DLC for games would be a good idea, but I strongly disagree. Getting a trivial unique item in a game with many similar and/or better items is a slap in the face. DLC are two different things. There are the garbage DLC like a new hat that does little or nothing more than make your avatar in the game look stupid. And there is the expansion pack DLC like DoD uses. The latter I find to be worthy of a purchase. The former just makes me want to delete the game from my drives and be done with it.

Since this is at least partly the subject of this thread, what would you like to see added to the bundles to make them more appealing?

Vitellozzo likes this.
  5. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

...if you speak only english as your main language.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

So I guess you would suggest better lingual support in the games? That is not something I have considered. But that is a better idea. Yet it is a lot of work and some games developers simply will not comply with this for any reason. But if you find a game you like that has zero support for your favorite or native language, please do contact the developer and request they address this. They cannot fix what they do not know is broken or lacking. :D

7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Not in the games my friend, but in the films.
    I can play without issues an english game. If it have cutscenes I would prefer subtitle support, and since I can read I can understand english better.
    So are the films, but if I play a game I want to read too, I'm nearer to the screen and in a reader-mind mood, but if I see a film I want to be more relaxed, on a couch or I dunno, maybe with a friend. And if I have to mantain constant attention to the buttom of the screen, I tend to miss video actions.
    Maybe I could also help with Dredmor translaction in my language.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Nah, I don't think I want to call to some random person in Japan to request they add English lingual support to their games. Especially seeing as most Japanese people are pretty... horrifying when they start translating things into English.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  9. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

10. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Yep, I picked up the Zork package (because it was dirt cheap and...) It includes the only pure adventure game that I ever recall with true nostalgia, and the only one with a story that held me until the very end -- Planetfall. It had a sequel, Starfall, but that one wasn't nearly as good.

Zork, itself, was somewhat based on the granddaddy of all adventure games, "Colossal Cave Adventure"/"Adventure" and was interesting more because it was among the first of its kind, than because it stands out above other games, imho. Planetfall was the adventure game genre, finally perfected, imho.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Torin's Passage is in that sale. VERY tempting. I have fond memories of playing it when I was younger - I got it in a budget collection of games.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  13. Frelus

Frelus Member

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Also King's Bounty is a decent game.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Anyone who will not be buying the bundle, but wants X-Blades, please send me a PM and I will give you the key. (Unlike Humble Bundles, Groupees uses separate keys for each game.) I will research Kings Bounty a bit to see if I actually want it or not. I probably do not.

*Edit* It was made by New World Computing... Kings Bounty is good. Much better than the videos appear.

Kazeto and Vitellozzo like this.
  16. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, King's Bounty is pretty much something like the earlier Heroes of Might and Magic games in their combat part, so it is good if you like turn-based tactics/strategy games. That being said, it's another game for me to get on my "to play when I'll have time so let's hope there is electricity in the afterlife" list.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

No, it was made by Katauri Interactive. New World Computing made the *original* King's Bounty.

I have like two or three copies of all three rebooted King's Bounty releases. I'm not joking.

More the other way around. King's Bounty came first, then we had the HoMM games through IV developed by New World Computing (who - kinda - also did the first King's Bounty), Ubisoft did HoMM V and then between that and MMH VI we had Katauri Interactive's reboot of King's Bounty - The Legend, Armoured Princess and Crossworlds.

There's not all that much difference between HoMM and KB at all. I'd even go so far as to say the new KB series is better than HoMM.

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  18. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Quite possible. I never cared for which one came first because the constant "no, this one was first and the other plagiarized it" shouting in the gaming world is something that irks me a little.

From at least the fifth HoMM game onward (I have some fond memories of the fourth and third ones due to my group playing them a lot back in the days so it would be difficult to compare, though I do suspect it applies to the fourth one as well) I enjoyed King's Bounty more, so I agree about that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

King's Bounty and HoMM is different though. Same designer for both, at least until you hit the 3DO collapse. Then HoMM V is Nival, MMH VI is Black Hole (I think), and King's Bounty ends up with Katauri.

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  20. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

:( I missed Arcanum and Caesar 3