The Persistant Games Bundle Thread.

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by OmniaNigrum, Jul 20, 2012.

1. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I too have the Disc version. I played it for a day or two at maximum. I will not likely ever install it again.

But yeah, if you want it, the bundle is well worth the money.

2. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I bought the Royale bundle due to its cover game being, basically, the Ender's Game battlesim as an actual playable game.

...granted, it doesn't work on my single-core XP system, but who cares it's a game that I have now.

OmniNegro likes this.
  3. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Indie Royal.
    Bunny Must Die. 'Nuff said. (Thanks to banjo2E for the suggestion. I will give it a try later today if I get some time.)

*Edit* While I was upvoting it in Greenlight, I noticed the word "MetroidVania" in the comments. That says everything you need to hear. Well, everything besides the fact that you play a woman "Cursed with cat ears" and now you will have to get revenge on the devil for that... :confused: :rolleyes:

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

"Sequence" is cool, I have to say.

8. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

Sequence is pretty bloody amazing if you have any rhythmic skill at all. My only complaint is how many times you have to fight the same enemies if you want to make everything.

9. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Fighting something 200 time is pretty normal for an RPG game. It's just a tad more noticeable here, due to the game's genre.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

11. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

Does the Groupees site always freeze up for anyone else? I've had this problem on two different computers with three different browsers each before. It gets stuck for a minute or two before fully loading.

13. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

It has never froze/stuck for me. I use Firefox 15. But Noscript and RequestPolicy may be shielding me from whatever elements are causing this for you. (Those are FF extensions, quite useful if you do not mind manually whitelisting elements you want to enable.)

14. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It's pre-loading all the videos for presentation. And since these videos use you-know-what and Firefox isn't really on good terms with said you-know-what, it tends to be like that. Some other "indie pack" sites are like that for me too, but to a lesser degree.

15. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Member

That makes sense. Firefox has always been really awful about things like that for me.

I just got an email for the new Indie Gala 9. http://www.indiegala.com/ 3 Broken Sword games, 3 Worms games, and some Android games. the Call of Cthulu android game is pretty good.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

FF is not the problem. The thing that shall not be named is the problem. And we better not let that monster of a company whos name starts with the letter A hear about this or they will actively seek to make it worse. Also, since most of the videos are served by a site that starts with the letter Y that is owned by a company that starts with the letter G. they want to 'eff every other browser but their own that starts with the letter C and is a word for a metal finish...

FF is freeware and open source. It is NOT the problem. Profits for the aforementioned letters are the problem.

Back to the subject, that bundle looks good. Gala is going to get a purchase from me once I get paid next month...

17. banjo2E

banjo2E Member

I've been using a Firefox fork called Pale Moon for months. It works pretty great. It's built for performance enhancements and removal of extraneous features from the main fork; wherein "performance enhancements" means "we're just gonna assume that your processor was built during the current millenium".

It might be worth trying Pale Moon to see if that has any impact on the Groupees site. I know I'm viewing it just fine on my system, and my computer's processor is a single core from seven-odd years ago.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I have no issue on FF 15 loading that page, fwiw.

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Yay, pay for the game they've given away countless times (Broken Sword 1 Director's Cut)! I have like four copies of it. Or was it five? I forget. I have it more times than I can easily remember.

I do recommend getting all three (well, I've not got/played the fourth) Broken Sword games but as a Brit I'm a little biased.

20. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think the last HIB is worth everything.
    Shatter is a very good game, funny and innovative, in its way.
    Rochard seems pretty badass. A miner which explode things, being bulky and everything. Sold for me.
    Dustforce is like doing houseworks while having fun doing so.
    SPAZ. Pirates and zombies. Buy-resell thingies. Space. Woah.
    Torchlight is a very solid Diablo-like game, made by the people which did Diablo. I already own it, but it's good it's there since it is a really good game. I'll give the direct download to a friend of mine.
    Vessel. Oh god I don't know how cool is that for me. So good that it should have it's own mod here.